We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

My husband and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend of 8/11-8/14 and are going to a concert at the Sound Advice Ampitheatre. What would be the best way to get there? I'm guessing it's way to far to take a cab. Is there any public transportation or other options? We can always rent a car but just didn't know if that would be the best option. Thanks!

West Palm Beach Fl
1. Re: getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

Unfortunately the pulic transportation system in South Florida is not as convenient as other places in the country, but depending on the time of the concert you could take the train and then catch a cab to Sound Advice (www.tri-rail.com). A cab would be a bit expensive as it is about 45 miles from Ft Lauderdale. I would guess renting a car will be your most convenient and cheapest option.

Hartford...
2. Re: getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks for your help. That's what I figured. I'll look into the rental.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
3. Re: getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

Hands down.... a rental would be easist. In addition, not sure where you are staying, but you can come north up the Turnpike, get off on Southern blvd exit, and it puts you right down the street fom the Sound Advice.

Hartford...
4. Re: getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks! I just reserved the rental and will be staying at the Yankee Trader. Thanks for the advice on directions...you never know with mapquest.

5. Re: getting to WPB from Ft. Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 16, 2009