We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philly
Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

I am headed to Palm Beach Gardens for a week in May and am hoping to get in a few rounds of golf while I am there. I know not every place will accommodate a single golfer, so I thought I would see if the TA crowd has any suggestions.

I'd love to play Seminole, but don't have the connections to swing that. I was thinking of North Palm Beach CC, Abacoa, and the Palm Beach Par 3 course. What do you guys think? Anything to add or leave off?

West Palm Beach...
1. Re: Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

Hi RamblinMan5,

You definitely picked a great place to visit if you want to play golf and a good time of year to visit. You will get out of season pricing at the courses and the weather won't be overly hot yet. My wife and I golf regularly in West Palm Beach and have recently started a blog dedicated to independently reviewing courses in South Florida, so hopefully I can help you.

I haven't played Abacoa yet, but I have heard that it is a nice course. I have played North Palm Beach CC and Palm Beach Par-3 and like them both, but for different reasons. North Palm Beach CC is a challenging course, especially around the greens. The greens are generally fast with a lot of break in them. Also, it seems like the majority of the greens are elevated, making it more difficult to hit greens in regulation. Palm Beach Par-3, my wife likes better than I do because it is short (obviously, being a par-3) and doesn't take 5 hours to play. The wind is normally pretty high there since it is right on the ocean. I like the Par-3 because it is a fun and located in a neat spot between the intercoastal and the ocean.

If I were recommending other courses, I would have to recommend two others that I have played recently and have reviewed on our blog. The first would be Park Ridge Golf Course, which is located in Lantana. I would choose this course because it gives a different experience than the others. It is very hilly and is sufficiently difficult to offer a good challenge. You should check out my review for full details of the course.

West Palm Beach...
2. Re: Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

Sorry, I accidentally hit post before I finished typing.

The second course I would recommend is Madison Green in Royal Palm Beach. It is a pretty nice looking course and it is sufficiently difficult if you are looking for a challenge. I played this course as a single a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have any problem allowing me on the course. You can also read more about Madison Green on the blog.

One other thing, many of these courses are listed on GolfNow. It is a discount booking site and is good if you are looking for single rounds and can be flexible on tee times. You might end up being placed in a group with other golfers, but many courses will do that anyway and at least you will get a discount.

Anyway, I hope that this helps you have a great trip.

Sincerely,

We Golf South Florida

http://wegolfsf.blogspot.com

Philly
3. Re: Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

Thanks for the info and link to the blog!

4. Re: Golf Options in Palm Beach Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach