We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
reviews: 3
Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

My best friend is getting married and we are all in our mid-30's and looking at coming down to West Palm for a weekend as none of us have ever been there. If anyone has any ideas or recommendations on lodging, restaurants, night life I would appreciate it.

Virginia Beach...
1. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

We are looking to fish one day possibly on a head boat as there will be possibly 10-11 of us, do a pool party or beach party one day,

Any recommendations on the bar scene would be appreciated.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 8
2. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

There are tons of clubs and bars on Clematis street in downtown West Palm Beach. I recommend grabbing dinner at Rocco Tacos and Tequila Bar, then about 10:00PM the stip will really start to liven up. It is teh perfect place to party for a guys night out.

http://www.roccostacos.com/

http://www.walkingclematis.com/bars.html

http://westpalmbeach.com/clematis/index.html

I've done a lot of bachelorette parties downtown. I personally like Roxy's Rooftop bar and Dr. Feelgoods, but walk around and you'll see tons to choose from. Starting at Roccos Tacos always gets you in the right spot to start the party. Have fun!

West Palm Beach...
3. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

I would recommend staying at the Hawthorn Suites West Palm Beach. www.hawthornwpb.com great full suites and for just $18 you have shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel which included downtown, the beach and airport.

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 189
4. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

Mermaid gave you excellent advice - Clematis Street is a great place for the nightlife portion of your trip. Also, close to Clematis is City Place which also has restaurants, bars, movie theater, comedy club etc… (www.cityplace.com)

As for places to stay - one suggestion would be to take a look at the Marriott on Singer island. It is right on the beach and has pools so you could do either. There is the Sailfish Marina (www.sailfishmarina.com) a few blocks away where you can find many options for your fishing charter. You would need transportation to get to Clematis Street but that should not be much of a road block.

Have fun! You are coming to a great place!

Virginia Beach...
5. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

Thank you for all of the responses thus far as this is much appreciated. In looking for a beach or pool party I read a forum post where people said go to Peanut Island as on the weekends it is a big party but when I went to the website it says there is no alcohol allowed except in permitted areas? Would you recommend this for a Friday or Saturday afternoon or no? Thanks again for the responses.

Virginia Beach...
6. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

Sarah-Does the Marriott Singer Island have a pretty fun pool party during the day at all if you know? No worries if you don;t but just figured I would ask.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 30
7. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

Here's kind of a different approach. Ck out the Jupiter Beach Resort. Right on the beach and not far at all to some fun outdoor bars at Jupiter Inlet! Ck out Guanabana's, Castaways/Square Grouper (5 o clock somewhere was filmed here), Dive Bar and the bar at the J Beach Resort. There are others nearby but that is a start if you want more casual than "Clubbing" scene. Just a few miles south around PGA Blvd you will find the Rum Bar, Yardhouse etc. There is a great pool right on the beach and cocktails flow freely at Jupiter Beach Resort.

Fishing on the BLACK DOG out of Jupiter Inlet is very good. He is a well known capt and we usually look for him when we are on our boat as he is almost always on the fish! Much nicer than the average "head boat" as he takes small groups. For a head boat, the Blue Heron II is a few blocks from the hotel. Another nearby place there is Waterfront Inn of Jupiter. It's on the Intracoastal not the beach tho. The Marriott Singer Island is nice but NO bar scene at all. Very Family oriented. Think Pizza Hut take out window and tiny convenience store. Lots of "Kids Activities". The Palm Beach Shores Resort on Singer Island is nice and has the Tiki Bar and restaurant on site. It's on the beach with some live music and a decent happy hour. Kind of across the st is Johnny Longboat's Bar and Grill and Two Drunken Goats...........

8. Re: Planning guys weekend and need recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach