We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with family friendly vacation

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ocean, New Jersey
reviews: 12
help with family friendly vacation

My husband and I are thinking of taking our 1 year old to florida the week after easter. we don't want to do orlando because we figured we'll be taking her there in a couple of years when she'll be able to appreciate it more and i found great airfare flying into fort lauderdale, but thinking of heading to west palm beach or somewhere nearby. we plan on renting a car and would like to go to the beach/pool, go to family friendly restaurants, walk around a town/city. we love zoos, aquariums, that kind of stuff. also any recs on places to stay. would love to be on the beach or within walking distance, stay in a suite so once the baby goes to bed we don't have to and would ideally like to pay around $200 a night

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 193
1. Re: help with family friendly vacation

For the time of year and your price point I would take a look at Delray Beach. It is south of West Palm Beach and just north of Boca Raton. You would have a variety of lodging options that would be around your price range, close to the beach, and a suite type set up. A few to take a look at would be - Dover House or Berkshire by the Sea.

Delray Beach has a charming beachside town feel. Delray offers a variety of lodging options close to the beach and close to Atlantic Avenue. Atlantic Ave has many restaurants and shops. There is a lovely park, with playground, at Atlantic & the intracoastal.

For a zoo there is the Palm Beach Zoo in West Palm Beach which is just a short ride north of Delray.

Based upon your post it sounds like Delray Beach would be a great option!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
2. Re: help with family friendly vacation

Delray Beach is an excellent suggestion. Regarding zoo's, in addition to the Palm Beach Zoo which is an great zoo w/ a lot of shade, I also recommend checking out Lion Country Safari.

http://www.lioncountrysafari.com/

Have a nice trip.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 39
3. Re: help with family friendly vacation

I agree Delray is a good option and the zoo and Lion Country great spots. I personally would prefer Singer Island though. The Marriott Ocean Pointe has great suites where the bedroom is completely seperate from the living area and a nice balcony overlooks a great pool and beach. Another good option right there is the Palm Beach Shores Resort. Lots to do nearby, in addition to the zoo there is the Loggerhead Marine Center Park with fun exhibits and turtles from large green sea turtles to tiny hatchlings! Also a nice playground and just across the st from lovely Juno Beach. There are beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach in front of the Marriott.

4. Re: help with family friendly vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2014