We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Visit -- Snorkeling

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
reviews: 4
March Visit -- Snorkeling

My wife and I will be spending a week in West Palm Beach in mid-March -- our first visit to the area. Will the ocean water be warm enough to enjoy snorkeling (without a wet suit)?

If so, could you recommend a snorkeling tour that's geared more towards adults? I'm not looking for a party boat, but we'd like something that at least includes alcohol (and most of the "family" tours appears to exclude any alcoholic beverages). Thanks.

West Palm Beach...
1. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

Hi Dorsey,

The water will be about 70 which to us in South Florida is cold, but most hotel pools are heated to 80. It is all preference. Where are you staying? Try the number 1 rated Hawthorn Suites who offer suite accommodations over 500 square feet. www.hawthornwpb.com

Have a great trip.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
2. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

The water will be fine. As mentioned above, it may be chilly for a local, but the beaches have been loaded lately w/ people, who have all been swimming just fine. If I went out into the Ocean on boat to snorkel, I would need a wet suit though. You have a few options though that are not out on a boat that you may be fine w/o a wet suit. On singer island, there is a public beach called Ocean Reef Park. Behind this park is a nice snorkeling spot when it is low tide.

Another great option would be to snorkel on Peanut island. You can catch a water taxi from Singer island for 5 dollars each way, and hand out on Peanut Island. They have a great snorkeling trek there that is shallow, and you will have the opportunity to see lots of cool stuff.

www.floridaadventuring.com/peanut-island.html

http://www.pbcgov.com/parks/peanutisland/

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34731-d10…

Have a nice visit. March is a great time of year to be here.

Madison, WI
reviews: 4
3. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

Thanks for these responses

Toronto
reviews: 12
4. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

I will be on Singer Island in mid March as well. Any advice where I can rent snorkel equipment for Peanut Island?

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
5. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

You can try reaching out to these people:

www.puravidadivers.com/scuba-diving-gear

Other people may chime in on additional options.

Also, there is a Wings store located in the strip across from the Public Beach on Singer island. They sell stuff for inexpensive as well, especially if you are looking for just some basic equipment. It may be worth it also. Have fun.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 19
6. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

Peanut Island is a nice place to snorkel, take a picnic lunch, beach towels and chill. It's a nice oasis from the hustle and bustle of the city. But, don't expect to be entertained there. It's a park, and except for the Kennedy bunker, which is only open on certain days, there's not a whole lot to do. Which is just the way I like it.

7. Re: March Visit -- Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2014