We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near WPB Beaches

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 24
Parking near WPB Beaches

Hi There,

I've booked into the Hawthorn Suites on Lamberton Drive. The website says it's 2 miles from the nearest beach. For the public access beaches is parking generally hassle free or would I be better off changing my reservation to a beach front (and much more expensive) property. I'm not to bothered about changing unless getting to / from the beach would be serious trouble. (i.e. more than 20 - 30 mins to drive and park and set up on beach).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 7
1. Re: Parking near WPB Beaches

The area of the hotel is okay(meaning nothing specatacular to walk to from your hotel and you will need to drive to sights), but you are not far from the beach. Maybe 10 minutes. In addition, you are close to downtown and city place in which, as long as you do not mind driving, then no big deal. Regarding parking at the beaches, you have 2 options. You could head over to Palm Beach from downtown West palm Beach. There is metered parking on the beach front. It is beautiful in that area. Negatives are it is 5 dollars per hour for parking, and there are no bathroom facilities. Option 2 is that you are close to I-95. You could get on I-95 and head 2 exits north to Blue Heron Blvd. Head East to the Singer Island pubic beach. Parking is free there, plus they have a strip of stores to grab some food, icecream, cocktails, and even a souviner. This is probably a 15 minute drive. The beach is lovely there as well, and they have bathroom facilities. Enjoy your visit.

Ireland
reviews: 24
2. Re: Parking near WPB Beaches

Hi There,

Thanks for your help - looking forward to the trip!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Parking near WPB Beaches

Or, you can go south a couple of exits and go to Lake Worth Beach. LWB has a fishing pier that you can walk out on and take pictures or watch people fish. And, the beach is pretty big so you can always find a spot that is not crowded. Here's a tripadvisor link:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34372-d56…

4. Re: Parking near WPB Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 23, 2014