We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
reviews: 19
Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Hi,

I am going on a cruise out of Miami,but flying home via PBI(used miles for ticket,only available out of PBI). I have looked at the Tri-Rail site but hadnt found much in the way of actual feedback. Has anyone used thhe Tri-Rail from Miami to West Palm Beach,and if so,what stops did you get on/off at?

Also,looking for advice on hotel for night post cruise in that area...never been to Palm Beach/WPB,would like to see if there is a decent place to stay where we could see the area a bit(no car obviously) but not be terribly far from the airport for early morning flights...also somewhere that would be easy to get to from aforementioned Tri-Rail station(s). Budget is about $120 or less,doesnt have to be luxurious,just clean,safe,perhaps have a bar/lounge/restaurant or one within walking distance,and the other qualities mentioned above.

Thanks for any info!

Stacey

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 8
1. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Regarding hotels, you could stay at the Hyatt in downtown(about 2 miles from PBI), which is very close to Clematis street which is a strip of restaurants and such, and is also near the intracoastal. You could be at the airport in 5 minutes.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp

http://www.westpalmbeach.com/clematis/

There is a Marriot that is very close to City Place, which is a shopping/eatery/bar complex. It is mostly outdoors, and a fun place to hang. It is about 1 mile from the airport.

marriott.com/hotels/…

http://www.cityplace.com/

On airport prperty is also a Hilton. From there, you could easily catch a cab to City Place, or Clematis Street downtown and catch a nice dinner and see a little of the sights.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Regarding Tri-rail, the main WPB station is right behind the Marriot that I mentioned above so is not far from PBI. As far as where it drops you in Miami, I am not certain. I think you get off at 1 stop, transfer to a people mover in Miami, tto the port possibly. I woudl research the cruise line as they may offer a shuttle of some sort for a fee as another option. There is also the Go Shuttle that could give you a ride from PBI. Google it. Sorry I do not know too much on Trirail down there. Maybe someone will chime in. Have fun.

Manchester...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Thanks for the info-Im having a hard time deciding between the Marriott,Hilton,Hilton Garden Inn,Doubletree,and Embassy Suites- if anyone has suggestions,please chime in! The price range is comparable for all,and all have an airport shuttle,which is the big criteria.

3. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach