We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drving to flordia

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
271 posts
17 reviews
drving to flordia

hi there

We are travelling from Sault Ste. Marie Ontario to Orlando in March 2013, and will be driving south on I-75. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what state is the first state that there is no snow anymore. We are going with our truck and motorcycle in back, and as soon as we are in a state that there is no snow we would like to continue riding our bike to Flordia.

If by chance anyone has any suggestions of a hotel or somewhere that we could arrange to park our truck for the time we are on our bike in Orlando, that would be appreciated as well.

thank you

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
6,950 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: drving to flordia

Once, I traveled from North Carolina to Pennsylvania in March, only to run into heavy snow in Richmond, Virginia and Washington. Even Raleigh-Durham can get snow at that time, when the cherry trees are flowering.

For the most part, you shouldn't see snow south of Michigan. The last bit of mountains will be the pass leading from Chattanooga to Atlanta.

I think you should pretty easily find a spot for your truck in the Orlando area. Of course Daytona Beach would be even more welcoming. Now to see how long it takes for a motorcycle expert to come along and provide actual advice.

By the way, if you plan to stay in Orlando, post your question at the Orlando forum!

Edited: 12:32 am, September 18, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
11,003 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: drving to flordia

This is the site for the Harley shop in Daytona, check with them as they get thousands of bikers in the area and should be able to point you in the right direction. http://www.brucerossmeyer.com/

Also you posted your question about West Palm Beach hotels but your question seems to have nothing to do with hotels. As OP said, post on Orlando forum if looking for hotels in Orlando, West Palm or Palm Beach forum for hotels in that area. Take a look at www.mapquest.com to see routes, mileage, approx drive times, etc.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
576 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: drving to flordia

Also check weather.com because each winter is different for snow. Example last year in the Northeast it was a very warm winter with only a few storms. The month of March can be warm or cold in many states so it is hard to predict. Then there has even been crazy storms in April so check the overall weather, then day by day on our trip, look at USA Today's weather map if you do not have Internet access, or only regional weather reports.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: drving to flordia

I am assuming you are wanting to park the truck somwhere along I 75 enroute to Orlando. Some of the answers have confused me to your question!

Do you want to pay for parking? Maybe one of the airports long term lots....CVG in Northern Kentucky, that would leave about 14 hour drive by motorcycle. ATL in Atlanta would be about an 8 hour ride.

I'd check weather of course before leaving and see the forecast. Maybe check on hotels along the I 75 corridor through Georgia, contact them directly and see if they can accomodate your truck for a few days.

Snow can happen at any time during March in MI, OH, KY, TN and even no GA. I'd look for something around ATL or south. Good luck!

5. Re: drving to flordia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 13, 2013