We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego, CA
reviews: 31
Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

I am wondering how difficult it is to take the tri-rail from West Palm Beach to the Fort Lauderdale airport stop, with luggage, for an older couple. Are there elevators at both the start and end station? Do you have to lift your luggage up any steps (and if so how many) to get on and off the train.

Thanks for any help!

Ellie

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
1. Re: Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

Sorry not that familiar with Tri-rail regarding those questions. I would call Tri-rail directly for specifics.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 39
2. Re: Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

West Palm Beach has 2 Tri Rail locales. Mangonia Park and Tamarind Ave. Tamarind is all one level and fine if you are traveling daylight hours. About 3 steps up to the train and a luggage rack just inside the door. Ask politely for assistance and I'm sure someone can help. I usually have several offers for assistance. Once you arrive at FLL airport stop it is all one level to the bus which has about 3 to 4 steps and a driver to help. They will let you out right at the curb for your specific airline. So long as your luggage is on wheels you should have no problem.

san diego, CA
reviews: 31
3. Re: Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

Thanks so much for your in depth reply.

Ellie

4. Re: Tri-Rail West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale with Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 03, 2012