We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

Hi!

I'm tagging along with my husband to WPB. He will be in meetings for two days, and I'd like some advice on things to do during the day. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn-Airport.

I'm aware of a shuttle to City Place. Are there any other malls or outlets in the area? Is it easy to get to the beach? Does anyone recommend (or not recommend) renting a car and drivng to Sawgrass Mills for a day of shopping?

Thanks in advance for any information!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
1. Re: Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

If you are a die hard shopper, Saw Grass Mills is it. It is a full day so FYI. It will take a little over 1 hour from the hotel, and you will need a rent-a-car. As far as locally, you already know about City Place which you should not miss. There is upsacle shopping on Palm Beach on Worth Ave. The beach is right near there as well. You will need to either get a rent a car or a cab over there as your hotel is about 3 miles from the beach/Worth ave area. Another good mall we have in the area is Palm Beach Gardens Mall. If you head North on 1-95 about 8 miles(10 minutes), get off on PGA heading East. The mall will be on your left about 1 mile east. If i were in your shoes, I would get a rent-a-car. Have fun.

Minnesota
2. Re: Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

Thanks! We will have a car. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive to Sawgrass Mills or not as I'd be pretty nervous driving on unfamiliar freeways....would you recommend the turnpike or I-95 south? Palm Beach Gardens Mall would probably be my best choice since it is closer. I looked at the directory and they have some great stores. Are there any other discount places near the Palm Beach Gardens Mall such as TJ Maxx or Marshall's?

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 18
3. Re: Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

The Gardens Mall is off of PGA, if you go east on PGA after coming out of the mall there is both a Marshalls and TJ Maxx located on PBG . They are before you come to a bridge to cross over the intercoastal. If you google both stores and do Palm Beach Gardens as location a map should come up.

Edited: 3:52 pm, January 19, 2011
Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 18
4. Re: Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

That should say located on PGA, not PBG...both are on the right heading east a couple of miles past the mall. Signage here is lower to the ground so you'll need to be looking for them!!

5. Re: Things to do from Holiday Inn-Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 21, 2012