We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need condo community help

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 67
Need condo community help

We are hoping to spend New Year's week in a nice seaside condo community within 45 minutes of the W Palm airport. Singer Island looked a little too high-risey to me, but maybe I was looking at a poor picture? Our priorities are access to bike trails and kayaking, with a pool and hot tub and a nearby beach to walk. We're looking for a Sanibel Island feel on the Atlantic coast. My neck is stiff from 2 hours of rental net-surfing. Any suggestions for me?

West Palm Beach Fl
1. Re: Need condo community help

It will be a bit further than 45 minutes, but check out Hutchinson Island. It is a bit more laid back -

North Palm Beach...
reviews: 29
2. Re: Need condo community help

Check out Jupiter area - one problem you may run into that time of year is many condo's are rented out to snowbirds who are signing leases for 1 to 3 months - many condo communities don't allow 1 week rentals. Singer Island actually has some condos that are more "old Florida", although there are high rises there as well. Palm Beach Shores comes to mind. The Lake Worth area may also have some weekly rental places.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
3. Re: Need condo community help

The time of year does limit your choice as there are so many people that rent for 1-4 months and rentals companies adhere to them first. I would check out the Treasure Coast area...this including Hutchinson Island, Hobe Sound, and Stuart. You may be able to find something. The problem with Singer Islnad is that it is currently under a lot of renovation. In one more year it will be great again. I personally love Singer Island. Also check out vacationrentals.com. I was married in April which is still in season, and a lot of my family members rented out condos and homes through this web-site for a week. You may be able to find something there.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
4. Re: Need condo community help

I would look on VRBO.com. I think Hutchinson Island might be to your liking as it is much more "natural" than Singer Island. Just across the bridge the Jensen Beach downtown is charming. Kayaking would be nice in that area also.

5. Re: Need condo community help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 09, 2009