We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis, MO
Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

We are planning on renting a house in Riviera Beach on Singer Island soon. Reading through the reviews, I've noted mentions of "avoiding Riviera Beach area." We are travelling with teens and want them to be able to go out and about. What is the atmosphers of Riviera Beach? Is is safe to walk at night. Any thoughts.

Wellington
reviews: 23
1. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

Singer Island is a very nice resort area across the intracoastal from the main part of Riveria Beach City, although it is is the city limits of Riveria Beach.

Unfortunately Riveria beach has the highest crime rate of the West Palm beach area.

Once you get thru the Riveria Beach area, you can relax. However I would not stop or slow down in that area. If you go north away from RB, it is very nice and safe.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
reviews: 9
2. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

You will love Singer Island, and it will be great for your teens. Correct, on the other side of the bridge in Riviera Beach it is very high crime but I doubt you will spend any time there. Unfortunately when you get off I-95, you will have to drive through it to get where you are going. No worries though, you will be fine on the island. I got married on Singer Island last April and 2 groups of family from out of town rented houses on the island for a week. They had the best time. Look forward to your vacation, and bring some sunscreen

North Palm Beach...
reviews: 29
3. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

Actually, you can get to Singer Island without driving through Riviera Beach. Exit at PGA Blvd and head east; at US 1, continue straight ahead and it becomes A1A, which takes you onto Singer Island. Singer Island is a great place with much to do for teenagers - and you can get to many other places they will enjoy by reversing the route I just described.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
4. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

I agree take the PGA Blvd East exit and follow it right onto Singer Island. On Thursday evening there is an art show at the Sailfish Marina and the teenagers(depending on age) can take a water taxi to Clematis By Night in West Palm Beach which is fun with music, booths, food, dancing etc. held each Thurs. Singer Island is lovely.

indiana
reviews: 2
5. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

As long as you are on the "island" you should be fine and so will your teens. We always take our teens with us and they have a great time. They even go walking down the beach at night with flashlights with no problems.

Once you cross the bridge to get onto Singer Island it is a resort area and the police are good at covering the area.

West Palm Beach
6. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

If you are staying on Singer Island go in with the expectation that your going out and about will involve driving and that on the Island you will be hanging out on the beach. If you are going in with the expectation of being able to walk to places to eat and shop and it will be this tranquil oceanside vision of Florida you will be dissapointed.

Thankfully they are finally tearing down the dilapidated mall and fixing up the Island but it isn't the type of place I would recommend to most people coming down for a vacation (at least not yet). It does have it's merits - but set your kids expectations low!

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
7. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

I totally disagree. We spend many happy days at the beautiful beach on Singer Island! To Eash his own..Mariott Has seven lovely buildings there and it is one of their most popular time share resorts so apparently lots of people find Singer Island a great vacation destination.

West Palm Beach Fl
8. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

Safety really won't be an issue east of the bridge, no matter what time of the day, it is generally quite safe.

As for things to do...on Singer Island itself, enjoy the fantastic beach, water and relax. Outside of the the beach and water activities, your choices are VERY limited and since you are staying in a home, most likely only convenient by car. During the evening, without a car, the teens most likely will not be able to get "out and about".

I have had multiple friends and family stay on Singer Island. No one has ever had their vacation ruined by staying there, but those outside of wanting to stay in a time-share or resort and just wanting to relax, haven't stayed there again.

To each his own.

9. Re: Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 25, 2009