We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

Which Vero Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 38
Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

I love Dolphins, but only in their natural habitat.

I came across the riverboat cruises that sail out of Sebastian, and the pictures show Dolphins...Can anyone offer any input? Thanks!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 86
1. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

Altho I have not personally taken this cruise I know that they take you out on the Indian River and I believe they go over to Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge / Bird Sanctuary. You should see at least a few dolphins, sometimes lots of them especially as we get closer to spring. I don't know if you will see any manatee, its a possibilty depending on where their cruise takes you. You will also see pelicans, cranes and other types of birds. If the weather is good it would be a very enjoyable way to spend a few hours on the water. Captain Hirams is a great place for a few cocktails at the SandBar and they usually have live music in the evenings and just up the street is Squid Lips which has great food. (I am not a fan of the food at CH). There may also be an art show or some type of event at the Riverside Park in Sebastian if you are there on a weekend.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 50
2. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

Likewise, I haven't done it myself, but the cruises have been offered for a long time and are popular. Since Sebastian is near the Inlet, the Indian River is fairly lively there. I've often seen dolphins, on and off, at Vero.

The Environmental Learning Center at Wabasso occasionally offers educational cruises.

http://www.discoverelc.org/

Edited: 8:06 am, February 09, 2012
florida
reviews: 163
3. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

They offer a few river cruises to choose from, and I did go on one a couple of times when family visited, and everyone enjoyed them. River Queen cruises has been around a long time and do the best job. Here is their web page....http://sebastianriverqueencruises.com/

Have fun!

Edited: 2:17 pm, February 10, 2012
West Palm Beach...
4. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

RIVER QUEEN CRUISES has been operating in the Sebastian area since 1989. This business is family owned and is still operated by the founding family. River Queen Cruises RELOCATED in October 2011 to just 3 miles north of their former location. (THEY ARE NO LONGER OPERATING FROM CAPTAIN HIRAM'S). Their NEW OFFICE is located in the Sebastian Inlet Marina just one mile north of the Sebastian RIver Bridge. The vessel is docked there at the Sebastian Inlet Marina). The River Queen runs 3 different cruises 7 days a week. There is a Summer schedule and a Winter Schedule. YOU WILL SEE MARINE WILDLIFE CONSISTING OF A VARIETY OF WATERBIRDS, DOLPHIN, VARIETY OF TURTLES, MANATEE, ALLIGATORS AS WELL AS AN OCCASIONAL DEER OR WILD HOG ON THE RIVER BANK. See the website for info and photos at www.sebastianriverqueencruises.com. They offer private charters and gift certificates too!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 86
5. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

CAHC, thanks for joining TA as a new regular contributor. Nice to see your first post is an advertisement. Normally I would report you but since this is a company I recommend all the time I will not. However someone else might as Free ads are not tolerated. I would hope you are not joining just to advertise your business and will become a regular contributor to our forum.

I will make note that you have moved to a new location.

Vero Beach, Florida
reviews: 44
6. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

I have and loved it. The habitat, wildlife, and dolphins are incredible. The best couple of hours for relaxing and marevling at nature. Do it!

7. Re: Has anybody done the river cruises out of Sebastian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 04, 2013