We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto, ontario
reviews: 3
Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Hello!

Our boys may be taking part in a March Break baseball camp/tournament. We are from Toronto, Ontario. Will be needing at least 10 rooms.

Can anybody tell me which area to search for a hotel/motel in the vicinity of the Wellfield Complex on Ridgewood Avenue. Can't figure out if this is in Venice or Sarasota and, from what I've gathered, distance between the 2 places is approx 20 miles. Is that correct?

Thanks and I really appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
1. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Here is the info on your baseball team tournament:

topprospectscanada.ca/2010TOPPROSPECTSCANADA…

This is in Venice, FL.

Are you looking for a motel that is inexpensive? You are coming during Spring Break when room rates are at their highest.

Something like a Hampton Inn? Do you have a room rate budget in mind?

How many nights?

~SRQgirl

Edited: 5:15 pm, January 27, 2010
Venice, Fl
reviews: 2
2. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

This park is located in a very nice area of Venice not far from Interstate 75. There are two nice hotels at the Jacaranda and I 75 interchange - A Best Western and a new Holiday Inn Express. There is also a Hampton Inn closer to the Island of Venice off of route 41. All 3 are nice. Hopefully you will have time to go to Venice Beach and look for shark's teeth! Our downtown is also very quaint and lovely - not so much for boys, more for the moms - with cute shops and outside dinning options. As SRQ noted, this is peak season so the sooner you book your rooms the better.

toronto, ontario
reviews: 3
3. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Thanks so much for your help!

I've spent some time on Priceline (1st time) and now I have a list of places. Opinions would be great!

We are, at this point, looking at check in on March 11th and depart on March 19th....so 8 nts.

All prices are quoted in US $ + 11% tax per room, per night

Sleep Inn Sarasota Airport $110

Best Western Atrea Manatee $120

Hyatt Place Sarasota $125

Hampton Inn & Suites Venice Bayside $129

Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key $127

Hampton Inn I75 Beeridge $129

They all look great and pretty much all I asked for was a pool and breakfast included.

Have you guys ever dealt with Priceline? Not sure exactly what to do with the list of 'bids' that have been sent to me.

Thanks again!

Lisa

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
4. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Given the time you are coming, I'm not sure Priceline is the way to go.

You need rooms on specific dates during high season.

Here are some thoughts:

Some of the places on your list are further away from Venice.

Sleep Inn, Best Western Manatee, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn Bee Ridge are all in Sarasota or Bradenton...

Check into the places DollyGirl recommended.

I would also call places directly, tell them you are a baseball team and see if you can get a group rate. National chains like to maintain a" friendly" image.

I would read reviews under the "hotel" section of this TA page...

I'll look for some other options.

Doesn't your organization have any thoughts?

~SRQgirl

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
5. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

Here is some info on the places near I-75 and Jacaranda Blvd.:

hotelguides.com/florida/venice-fl-i75-jacara…

I would also contact the Venice Chamber to tell them about your organization and that you need rooms...

~SRQgirl

Venice, Fl
reviews: 2
6. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

SRQ Girl has made some great suggestions. Staying in Sarasota and Bradenton will put you quite far away from Venice - up to an hour or even more during peak travel times. There is also a very quaint motel on the Island of Venice called Island Breeze Inn of Venice. It is very nice, well kept, clean, nice little pool, etc.

7. Re: Venice/Sarasota....where to stay with baseball team?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 28, 2010