We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
reviews: 11
Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

My wife and her friends are visiting a friend in Venice Beach at the end of March. They want to stay about 2 hours away for personal reasons lol. They want to stay somewhere nice along the ocean and being we're from the west coast they have NO idea where to stay. Their friend is a west coast transplant so she has no idea either) HELP!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
1. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

Is your question about Venice Beach California? You have posted in the Forum for Venice Florida, which is on the Gulf of Mexico.

Northern California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
reviews: 11
2. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

Sorry, my wife said Venice Beach when she actually meant Venice, Florida!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 96
3. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

You want something 2 hours away??

That would be north of Tampa or the Everglades..

You could drive to the east coast of Florida and stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach and stay on the Atlantic beaches rather than the Gulf.

I suggest you look at a map of Florida. I don't think anything north of Tampa (2 hours away) has the same type of beaches. You could post on the Clearwater, FL forum.....

Naples, FL is very nice, but is less than 2 hours away.

Sarasota is 15 minutes from Venice....depending on which part of Venice/Sarasota.

They will be missing out on some great places in this area..

~SRQgirl

Wigan
4. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

If you are visiting friend in Venice, this is a lovely place to stay. It is centrally located fro travelling and visiting areas up and down the coast. It is close to have days or evenings in Sarasota, with all its arty stuff and culture and Venice itself is quite special with it's quaint old town, lovely beaches and jetty.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 96
5. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

He posted that they want to stay 2 hours away from Venice...

Wigan
6. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

I Know SRQgirl, but I just wnated her to know what a lovely place Venice and surrounding area is. Ready for my next visit to Venice at the begining of November and must have got carried away!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
7. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

Naples or Marco Island would fit your bill. March weather can be warm or cool so don't go too far north.

Also maybe Captiva Island. Not quite 2 hours, but the toll bridge will put visitors off lol!

8. Re: Nice Places to Stay 2 Hours from Venice Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, April 16, 2010