We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unusual Request...

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, IN
reviews: 13
Unusual Request...

So, I've saved sand from every beach trip my husband and have taken, and I display it in a vase in our bedroom with labels identifying the layers (similar to this: http://houseofwentworth.com/tag/diy-vacation-rituals/)

Somehow, I forgot to get some sand from Treasure Island when we were there in February. I'm wondering if anyone who will be visiting soon, or who lives there, would be willing to collect some and mail it to me. I would pay for the postage.

Weird request, I know. Don't know when we will make it back to the area, so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Unusual Request...

I work on Treasure Island, could probably work this out for you

Bloomington, IN
reviews: 13
2. Re: Unusual Request...

Wow, thanks, that would be great! Please send me a private message and we can work out the details regarding payment. Thank you so much!

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
3. Re: Unusual Request...

If you find yourself in need of a back-up, let me know. I woud be more than happy to send you some sand from TI!

Edited: 9:14 am, June 01, 2012
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
reviews: 143
4. Re: Unusual Request...

Maya, a six pack would be great too !!!! And do you think meatloaf will keep ??? Lol

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
5. Re: Unusual Request...

Hahaha Tony! Not sure about the feasibility of shipping beer and meatloaf, but it would be my pleasure to buy you a cold one when you are here in September!

Tampa, Florida
6. Re: Unusual Request...

I have received the money order and address yesterday, collecting the sand and having it shipped out this week. Glad I can help you out

7. Re: Unusual Request...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island