We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, Canada
reviews: 1
Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

I will be travelling to Treasure Island in October with 3 kids..6 -4 and 4. I haven't been back in 25 years!!! I guess a lot has changed.

I remember John's pass....but what about the beach? would the kids have more fun at clearwater or fort desoto in terms of play stuff, sand, water depth???

Can I take them to bilmar to eat, etc...Is golf-gulf still there?

How do I get there from Tampa international airport?

Central Florida
11. Re: Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

If you don't mind going inland for a buffet. The one at Seminole Hardrock on Friday night is incredible. Live jazz singer, excellent food, unbelievable variety....fairly reasonable considering the atmosphere and quality. If you go, join their free Players Clun for 5 dollars off each dinner regularly $24 (includes beverages and dessert).

Friendly Fisherman at John's Pass (between Madeira and TI) is nice with kids. Casual. can see the water while you eat and the boardwalk is nice for a walk or shopping.

St.Petersburg...
reviews: 14
12. Re: Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

Forgot to add, when we go to Caddy's , our kids bring their beach toys and skim boards. You can also "borrow" volleyballs from Caddy's. The kids love playing volleyball!

Ajax, Canada
13. Re: Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

Thanks for all the tips...glad to hear I don't have to go to clearwater to enjoy a seafood buffet.

I read in another forum that the dolphin watch at John's pass was slightly "overrated".....true??? waste of $$$$???

michigan
reviews: 3
14. Re: Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

Go to John's Pass, eat at Sully's, it's the restuarant on the lower level. Also try Gators, on the other side of John's Pass, great Cuban sandwiches. Enjoy your trip.

Ajax, Canada
15. Re: Treasure Island - October 2005 - what to do/see/eat in 1...

So I am off to TI on Sunday. Got my list of restaurants and site-seeinging (fort desoto-bird sanc) etc...

Anyone with last minute ideas or thoughts?

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island