We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll Roads

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse City...
reviews: 38
Toll Roads

Hi everyone. We're flying into Tampa in a few weeks and driving to Sarasota and parts beyond (rental car). If we're just going from the Tampa airport south to Sarasota etc, will we be likely to drive any toll roads? Just trying to figure out if we'll be dealing with tolls in a rental car. Thanks!

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
1. Re: Toll Roads

The easiest route will be going over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which is on I-275 South which has a $1.50 toll. It is a manned toll, so you can get into a lane with a manned booth to provide change.

Traverse City...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Toll Roads

Thanks! I researched it a little more and it looks like if we take I-275 there will be no actual toll roads, just the bridge fare :)

3. Re: Toll Roads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 14, 2014