We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
64 reviews
Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

one of the hotels we are contemplating staying at while attending the Forum is the Hilton Tampa downtown (211 N Tampa St). it is about 1/2 mile from the Forum. How safe is this area to walk at nite? or, should we look into staying at the Embassy suites-513 S. Florida Ave (0.17 miles away) even though the price is double.

Suggestions are welcome.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

If there is a group of you, you should be fine. I believe the trolley line has extended to near that hotel also if you wanted to take that. Embassy suites and Marriott Waterside are both closer.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
2. Re: Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

Usually after an event at the Forum there'll be plenty of people walking around and I doubt you'll be the only ones heading for that hotel and the other nearby hotels.

Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

Thanks for all the comments/recommendations!

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

It is located in what I would call the "business district" downtown, so it is usually pretty empty unless there is an event at the forum, but it isn't located in a "bad" part of town so you should feel comfortable walking around at night

5. Re: Hilton tampa downtown to Tampa Bay Times forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014