We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 29
Tampa to GCREC and hotels

What is the best way to get to GCREC from Tampa and the best place to stay.

Tampa, Florida
11. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

If you don't drive it's going to be expensive to go there and back for only a couple of hours.

Doesn't the facility have some kind of arrangement in place for transportation for their incoming visitors/staff?

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
12. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Maybe you can arrange for a cab to take you to GCREC and then return for you at a certain time.

The Hilton at Ybor City might be nice if you want to visit Ybor City, which is a historic district, and at night it becomes an area known for nightclubs and bars caterering to a young age group. I think the Hampton Inn being recommended is also the Ybor City location (1301 7th Ave. Tampa). Ybor City is also the location of the famous Columbia Restaurant, known for its Spanish/Cuban cuisine.

However, if you stay at either of these two locations you will have a longer distance to travel in order to get to GCREC. The hotels on the web page for GCREC will be closer to their location. There is a Hampton Inn (10110 Horace Ave, Tampa) that is near the WestField Brandon Mall and near the other hotels listed by GCREC.

New Delhi, India
13. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

I will be having a weekend free and my agent is suggesting that being centrally located might be better in terms of places to eat and sightsee. The Columbia Restaurant has been recommended for its cuisine. I guess I could arrange for a cab from the hotel to drop me and come back at a specific time.

Tampa, Florida
14. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

This is like pulling teeth .... all yours Donna.

New Delhi, India
15. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Finally opted for Hilton Garden Inn Ybor and the school is sending over a vehicle for pickup. My gratitude goes out to all of you for your time and effort in helping me. Thank you very much.

16. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 21, 2014