We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 29
Tampa to GCREC and hotels

What is the best way to get to GCREC from Tampa and the best place to stay.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
reviews: 48
1. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

I'm sorry, what is GCREC?

Tampa, Florida
2. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Got me on that one too!

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 11
3. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

I had to google GCREC, because I didn't know what it is.

Is it Gulf Coast Research & Education Center in Wimauma, FL ?

If so, their web site gives suggestions for hotels, any of those listed on that web page would be a good choice, and located near the Brandon Mall.

gcrec.ifas.ufl.edu/balmmapanddirections07.htm

You will need a rental car. It is located in the greater Tampa area, so if you have GPS/SatNav you can find your way.

New Delhi, India
4. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Thank you but my agent is recommending the Hilton and Hampton Inn. The reviews here on Tripadvisor are positive but how are they actually. He has also recommended hiring a car with driver for the purpose as I don't drive and will be there only for a very short time.

Tampa, Florida
5. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Which Hilton and Hampton ... there's more than one in the Tampa area. That's going to be an expensive hire if the place is actually in Wimauma. Would you verify if that is your destination so we don't have to guess and perhaps give you wrong suggestions?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
6. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Can't you contact someone at the gcrec to find out about transportation and lodging? Since you don't drive I think you would be better off staying as close as you can to the campus and arranging local transportation, if any is available. Perhaps a nearby hotel has a shuttle. Someone at gcrec should be able to help you with this. Then you would just need to arrange airport transportation.

Tampa, Florida
7. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

GCREC being way out in the "boonies" as it is, ought to have some kind of arrangement in place for transportation for their incoming visitors/staff.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
8. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Just reread Mark's follow up post. He says he only needs to be at gcrec for "a very short time". If that means one visit of an hour or two on one day then I will say it may not matter where he stays. Probably the best thing to do would be to hire a limo or towne car. If a short time means a few days then I would suggest contacting gcrec to work out the details of visting without a car.

Tampa, Florida
9. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

Yep, no point throwing out suggestions until we get some specific details.

New Delhi, India
10. Re: Tampa to GCREC and hotels

First off. Thank you for all the great suggestions. To answer

1. Hillton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor

2. Hampton Inn Suites Tampa East

3. My destination is Wimauma

3.My visit will only be for a couple of hours.