We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 7
Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Payless car rental is just across the street from our Hotel at the Hyatt airport/Westdhore hotel. Easy rental for me and return for me. Any thoughts on renting from payless car rental in tampa airport south area. Only rented a car a few tmes so not really experienced with differant companies. Thanks

15 replies to this topic
1. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

The sales person was rude, extremely pushy for extras, and I had to argue for him to honor my rate that I had on my printed reservation. Terrible!!!! In addition, the car is damaged in the back and dirty.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 38
2. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

THE WORST SERVICE! Strong armed my Mom into getting insurance through fear tactics. The insurance ended up costing just shy of the weekly rental. When I called Payless to complain the man was rude and told me he could not discuss the rental with me and that my mother would have to bring back the car! I am very disappointed that they take advantage of an elderly senior citizen!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
3. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

I don't think they discriminate against elderly people. I think they take advantage of anybody they can.

Edited: 5:15 pm, April 13, 2013
Philadelphia...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

I guess what get get whatyou pay for. Payless car rental in TAmpa is horrible. We almost cancelled the reservation and were going to Enterprise. Short walk. They do cause fear in you. Strong arm tactics. It's they'redecision if they will charge you 250.00 for anything. Not scratches or damage to the car....just because they want to. We will never rent from them again. Our rental cost twice the amount we were quoted only because we had to take out extra insurance. Salesman was horrible. They must work on commission. Please don't even think of renting from this company.

Edited: 9:13 pm, April 13, 2013
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 11
5. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

I assume you are flying in, so wouldn't it be more convenient just to pick up a car from a major rental agency at the airport? The cars are right in the parking garage as you walk out from the terminal. If price is an issue, you can get pretty good discounts at http://www.rentalcodes.com/florida.html . That would save you the trouble of having to shuttle to and from the hotel.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 38
6. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Thanks for the info. I made the reservations for my Mother on travelocity and was not familiar with Tampa Airport. Next time for sure I will check with a known reputable car rental.

Rocky Hill...
reviews: 20
7. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Use Payless. Joe was so helpful to us!!!!!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 24
8. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Just google Payless Car Rental in Tampa and look at the reviews. I wish I did that before I rented. They're the worse. They're thieves.

Iowa
reviews: 23
9. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

I'm sorry I didn't read the reviews before using this place. The reservation price was cheap but we ended up spending more than the on-airport places after extra charges. I didn't appreciate the hard sale at the check out desk; I'm used to car rental "ups" but this was almost threatening.

Pick another place, you'll save money.

Edited: 5:17 pm, October 27, 2013
Toronto
reviews: 13
10. Re: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts

Just got back from Tampa-made the terrible mistake of renting from Payless-Worst customer service ever!!-When I walked in clerk" Jim" was having an argument with people in front of me-they walked out throwing there hands up because he had already wasted so much of their time and came back to say the vehicle was filthy. It was my turn next and I got Jim-his customer service skills are zero and his attitude terrible!! I ended up with a poorer vehicle then advertised and had to sign so many waivers I though I was going into a war zone.I will never use payless again and I suggest you don't either.

Reply to: Payless car rental Tampa (just south of Airport)Any thoughts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted