We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 139
Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

My wife and I like to try great local restaurants. Any suggestions on the current hot spot or your top 3 to try?

Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 22
1. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

A couple that usually are on the list are Bern's for upscale, and the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City for Cuban.

Tampa, FL
2. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Bern's and the Columbia are the standards. Bern's has the biggest private wine collection in the U.S. I believe and the Columbia is the oldest Spanish restaurant in the U.S. There are two new ones both owned by the the same guy: Boca and the Samba Room. Boca tries to to a farm-to-table concept. Samba Room is "Nuevo Cubano" and I think they have a raw bar. Another one that I like is Wimauma. They try to do the local food thing too. A little further north is Ella's which I've heard great things about. They call it an Americana Folk Art Cafe.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 139
3. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Thanks for the info!

Tampa, Florida
4. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

ceviche, datz, pinky's

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
5. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

It can be very difficult to get a reservation at Bern's -especially in high season- and if you do manage to reserve a spot , dinner for two would run around $200 minimum in most cases So, you might want to try booking ASAP if that interests you.

Central PA
reviews: 85
6. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

I like Whiskey Joe's (formerly Castaways) for the view of the bay at sunset. It's a few minutes from the airport, on Rte 60 (Courtney Campbell Causeway), close to the Tampa side, maybe 20 min from downtown. Good seafood, view of the bay, etc. excellent if you are staying close to the airport.

St. Petersburg...
7. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Edison Food & Wine Lab

St. Petersburg...
8. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

I think Bern's is over reated

Tampa, FL
9. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Copperfish Bar and Grill on Howard where the old Ceviche's used to be.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
reviews: 49
10. Re: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?

Samba Room closed and is now Copperfish that sotampa mentioned. It's brand new and very good!

Reply to: Hot new Restaurants in Tampa Area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted