We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Illinois
Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

I noticed alot of "fraud" from this company but it's all from 2008 or 2009, has anyone had any more problems with this company since then. I was just at a siminar in Crystal Lake, IL for a travel club membership. I did not join but I was promised 2 free (i have to pay taxes & surcharges) airline tickets plus a 3 day getaway package. I also have to send $4.95 in now and then once I get my paperwork in the mail I'm suppose to send $50 per person along with a drivers license to them. The $50 is non-refundable however they do state that it would go against the taxes and fees when i book the trip. It also states to send a cashier check or money order for the $50/per person "activation" charge.

I'm hoping someone can let me know if they are still scamming people or is this litigit;

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

52 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Search this forum for PTS travel fraud, read those messages and then decide.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

In my opinion the only reason for a business to require cashiers check or money order is to take your money and run. If they accepted credit cards once you found out it was a fraud you could contest the charge.

Aurora, Illinois
3. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Well if I go by the comments here from 2008 & 2009 I'm NOT going to do anything. This is what i was afraid of. I did look them up in the BBB but of course the are not listed but to my surprise there is no complaints either.

Thank you for your reply.

Aurora, Illinois
4. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

I agree, that raised a lot of questions & a big STOP for me.

Thank you for your input

Des Moines, Iowa
5. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

No way would I consider this a legitimate company. I sent my $4.95 and then waited two months for the paperwork. When I attempted to book a cruise 106 days from now, I was told it would not be possible because there is an additional three week waiting period for the activiation before the 90 days notice kicked in. Also, when pressed as to the true cost for the cruise, I was quoted that it would run me between $200 and $900 per person. When I pointed the $39 - $129 cost in the literature, I was told (and this is the truth) that I needed to read the fine print. I did, and this is my response.

Fort Myers, Florida
6. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Does anyone have something good to say about this company? I have one and they want 75.00 for registration which is applied to the purchase price. I just want to know what's going on here.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
7. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Dan,

Take a look at this post. You can see complaint after complaint about this company for the last 5 years. The only one who has something good to say about the company is the owner, Sally.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34678-i156-k20063…

Atlanta, Georgia...
8. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

this is crazy. to my surprise, i just recently spoke with this company and they offered me a life time membership into the travels club for a 1 time fee of 100.00 and each year after that pay 9.99 for mailing postage. They also told me i have 30 days to cancel and they will refund my 100.00 and i get to keep both the 5 day cruise and 2 day stay in any resort. Within this offer i will receive every year this vacation, plus awesome deals on flights and car rentals plus family vacations. Question: is this to good to be true?

Tampa, Florida
9. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Did you read the messages in the link przyk provided in the message right above yours?

alabama, US
reviews: 6
10. Re: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL

Yes, this is a scam company. I got scamed in June 2013. I booked a trip a weekend and they asked me for a deposit of $50 in top of the quantity I paid. My wife got pregnant so I couldn't go to the tip assuming myself the lost of the money for the trip but my surprise was when asking for the deposit back they only send me $40 charging me a $10 processing fee for a deposit.

Do not buy anything from this company

Reply to: Passport to Travel, located on Gunn Highway in Tampa, FL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted