We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Activities vs Summer Activities

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Activities vs Summer Activities

My In-laws have recently moved to Tampa and we'll be visiting a few times a year, usually in March and August. Are some sights/ activities seasonal?

For example we would like to see lots of Manatees, whether in Tampa or at Blue Springs. Is that something we need to do in Spring? Is it better to go shelling in summer?

We have middle school age boys who love the water, but don't own wet suits. When is water warm enough to paddle board?

Thank you for any information. This forum is making me look forward to visiting the area.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
reviews: 49
1. Re: Spring Activities vs Summer Activities

Bumping for you. I've never done the Manatees at Crystal River, but it seems to be popular. I believe it is seasonal and tends to be when it's colder. I think they gather there because the waters are warmer.

Shelling I would think you could do any time of year.

When is the water warm enough is really a matter of preference. In the summer it will be plenty warm, like bath water. In the spring, depends on the weather and your preference.

2. Re: Spring Activities vs Summer Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 pm, June 18, 2013