We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PTS Travel fraud

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
PTS Travel fraud

I am refering to several notices of scam related to the PTS Travel located allegedly at 4802 Gunn Hwy, Suite 158, Tampa FL 33624. No phone number or telephone listing or internet address or e-mail. We paid them $150 as they requested for arranging 2 airplaine tickets as a condition to "materialize" a gift for participation in the time share "brain washing" in Chicago in March 2008. PTS Travel requested that money as a deposit for fees and airport taxes. In spite of the fact that we fullfilled all their requirements and conditions (for example, payment only through US Postal Service Money Order or booking 7 days before or after federal or state holitays, etc.) money was taken and promised service was not delivered. PTS Travel vel Getaway to Paradise is not reachable through other means than the mail and they do not respond to our letters. Apparently we were ripped off and our money was stolen. How long such a scam can be continued? Who will procecute successfully these thiefs?

131. Re: PTS Travel fraud

This is a scam! They were on the news lately. They will take your hard earned $$$$. As they don't have the backbone to get a job!!!

132. Re: PTS Travel fraud

This is a scam! They were on the news lately. They will take your hard earned $$$$. As they don't have the backbone to get a job!!!

Austin, Texas
1 post
133. Re: PTS Travel fraud

Received a "Fly America Vacation Passport", "Administered and Fulfilled by Passport to Travel", 4802 Gunn Hwy., Suite 158. Tampa FL 33642, for 2 round trip airline tickets as promised, for attending a 90 min. presentation by a Travel Club in Austin, TX. After reading the " Terms and Conditions", numerous thoughts of how easy it would be to "not be able to meet" all the written qualifiers within the allotted 365 days. Intuition led me to several web-sites, http://www.tripadvisor.com and the Tampa FL BBB. After reading the Good vs Bad on PTS at these sites, it was a "no-brainer" - toss the "Fly America Vacation Passport" in the recycle bin. Complaints were pretty much the same, lending to their validity. Too many undisclosed/hidden fees; lost/unable to locate Registration Activation Fee and/or completed Activation Form; disputes over "departure dates and minimum days for the "booking notice"; the #1 complaint : NO CUSTOMER SERVICE". ( They can loose/misplace your mailed requests, requiring you to start over, all the while the "carved-in-stone" deadline nears) This is typical "Charlie Brown vs Nancy: CB (you) approaches the ball with "best of intentions" and Nancy (PTS) pulls it away every time. To all you Charlie Browns' still in the game, kick Lucy into the arms of the BBB, and, the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. For those of you who have yet to enter this "travel voucher game", "Vegas" has posted the "odds": PTS is favored by $$$.

Shepherdsville
1 post
1 review
134. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I just received my Fly America Vacation Passport for airfare for two adults. The closest major airport listed is over 100 miles north of me. I haven't sent any money yet and probably won't after reading all the scam articles. The presentation I attended was in New Albany, Indiana, and is the high pressure sales pitch described by others with the lowering of prices and waivers of the $389.00 and $199.00 fees. The address is the same 4802 Gunn Hwy., Suite 158, Tampa, FL 33624 I've been seeing in other posts. Apparently they haven't missed a beat yet. I've traveled on a lot of the tour the resort type of vouchers before and this is the first one who wanted my money up front. The others booked the trip and then I paid. I'm going to investigate more before I send them anything. Thanks for the info, it is a big help.

Langhorne...
3 posts
135. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I don't like Passport To Travel but I did reach them by phone and that's how I got all of my paperwork finalized. I was going to travel in two weeks and I had heard nothing from them and when I did reach them they told me that my paperwork fell through the cracks.

136. Re: PTS Travel fraud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:10 pm, August 06, 2013
2 posts
137. Re: PTS Travel fraud

wow I am so glad I read this I was fixing to send in our 100 dollars on the airfareand a 50 dollar deposit for a two night stay at a hotel. I hope somebody does something about these people.

2 posts
138. Re: PTS Travel fraud

wow I am so glad I read this I was fixing to send in our 100 dollars on the airfareand a 50 dollar deposit for a two night stay at a hotel. I hope somebody does something about these people.

Minneapolis...
2 posts
139. Re: PTS Travel fraud

If it's connected to VGDestinations (vgdestinations.com) I would caution against using them.

Over six months ago my wife and I purchased a voucher and tried to book a vacation through them. They were unresponsive, difficult, and occasionally rude over the phone. I would send them multiple emails and try to call them and would often not hear back for weeks or months.

My travel advisor, Tanya, didn't have much information and clearly didn't care about whether or not I took my vacation.

The "manager" I eventually got in contact with, Candice, was equally unresponsive. I sent her a polite email explaining my frustrations with her company (the biggest being the ridiculous delays in communication) and haven't heard back from her for two weeks.

They claim it will take 45 days to process my refund, but I have never worked with a company that is that slow when dealing with customer's money.

The more I dealt with them, the more they seemed like a scam.

Maybe I had a bad experience, but I'd advise against taking any deals or offers from them, it will probably not be worth the time and frustration, even if you can get a vacation booked.

Jacksonville...
3 posts
2 reviews
140. Re: PTS Travel fraud

The number on the newest package I have received for Passport to Travel is 813 864-6606