We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PTS Travel fraud

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PTS Travel fraud

I am refering to several notices of scam related to the PTS Travel located allegedly at 4802 Gunn Hwy, Suite 158, Tampa FL 33624. No phone number or telephone listing or internet address or e-mail. We paid them $150 as they requested for arranging 2 airplaine tickets as a condition to "materialize" a gift for participation in the time share "brain washing" in Chicago in March 2008. PTS Travel requested that money as a deposit for fees and airport taxes. In spite of the fact that we fullfilled all their requirements and conditions (for example, payment only through US Postal Service Money Order or booking 7 days before or after federal or state holitays, etc.) money was taken and promised service was not delivered. PTS Travel vel Getaway to Paradise is not reachable through other means than the mail and they do not respond to our letters. Apparently we were ripped off and our money was stolen. How long such a scam can be continued? Who will procecute successfully these thiefs?

151 replies to this topic
Nevada
1. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I to was taken on these scam also. What can we do to take them down.

Mesa, AZ
2. Re: PTS Travel fraud

Report to the Attorney General in the State of Florida, your home state, state where you were given this material & any other state involved. Provide a fully detailed report & carbon copy each state involved. We did years ago and received help (aldo found we were not alone in reporting).

Thanks to finding this website I learned about PTS and will not request the airline tickets or give them any money. However, I will report them to Florida and my home state.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
3. Re: PTS Travel fraud

Why don't you contact a postal inspector through your local post office and seeif because they required you to use a Postal Syatem money order they can be investigated for "using the mails to defraud."

You should definitely file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General- I will repost with the web address where you can fill out a complaint form on line. many of these scammers depend on people merely complaining in forums likethis , which is nice for warning others, but doesn't result in any prosecution against them. They know that most folks complain a while and then just give up.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
4. Re: PTS Travel fraud

myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact…

Michigan
5. Re: PTS Travel fraud

Thanks to all for reporting the PTS scam. My wife and I sat through a Condo Brainwashing session here in Michigan. Best gift for sitting through it was a big screen TV, with everyone in our group getting the PTS vacation package. Before sending reservation deposit money, we thought best to look PTS up on the internet. You folks saved us a $100 booking fee. Thank you again.

Alabama
6. Re: PTS Travel fraud

Thank you very much for posting your loss because of it you have saved me. I to sat thourgh the presentation in Birmingham, Alabama and have received my Registration Validation Form for the airline tickets and $100.00 dollars for fees. I am not going to try it but will contact the AG in Florida as well as the AG in Alabama once again thanks.

7. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I am now into the process of, perhaps, also being defrauded. Did you submit a report to the FL Attorney General? If so, any response or results?

Austin, TX
8. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I had the same experience as many of you did that I send them $100 and received their welcome package. They then required us to sent in a flight reservation form with travel dates and the departure/Destination cities. In the meantime they also require a copy of our driver license. Have any one send them this information? Now I started to suspect not only they ripped off our money, they may want to steal our identity. Could we report to the consumer complaint?

St Louis, MO
9. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I to was ripped off of 150.00 PTS travel in Flordia on Gunn Hwy I hope someone takes care of this jerk and put him behind bars. Let me know if anyone needs the information I have it all.

Raymumme@gmail.com

St Louis, MO
10. Re: PTS Travel fraud

I too was riped off by PTS travel for 150.00 in Tampa, Fl 4802 Gunn Hwy

I anyone needs my info email me to participate in a suit or arrest to get this jerk or jerks behind bars.

Raymumme@gmail.com

Reply to: PTS Travel fraud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted