We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Week at Solara Surfside

Which Surfside hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DeLand, Florida
reviews: 76
A Week at Solara Surfside

We are native Floridians (by "we" I mean my husband and I) and are 58 years old. We are wondering what unique places and things to do are in Miami, specifically the Surfside/Miami Beach area. Is public transportation reliable? Any specific suggestions about restaurants. We like most types of cuisines and are not opposed to spending a little more money on vacation. We also like restaurants that have a view, have outside seating, full bar, relaxed atmosphere. Not particularly looking for that "South Beach" ambience.

1 reply
Miami Beach, Florida
1. Re: A Week at Solara Surfside

Dear GatorNana,

to answer your questions:

- public buses /specifically the S bus runs up and down Collins Avenue/ and is a good mean of transportation in the Surfside/Miami Beach area. It runs 24-hours a day and comes at a cost of $2 per person.

- when it comes to restaurants- Cafe Prima Pasta on 71st street & Collins Avenue is worth visiting due to the great Italian cuisine as well as the nice ambiance and good service. If you are looking for nicer views you would have to go further south- the Rusty Pelican offers an amazing view and also serves very good food. You might be best off, if you take a taxi to get there.

Your hotel is steps away from the Bal Harbour Shops- an upscale shopping mall, which also has some good choices for dining, such as Carpaccio- an Italian Restaurant.

You could visit opentable.com and look up different restaurants by cuisine, pricing, rating, area etc. You could even make your reservations through there: www.opentable.com/opentables.aspx…

I hope this helps. Enjoy your time on Miami Beach/Surfside!

Reply to: A Week at Solara Surfside
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Surfside