We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

Hi friends! My husband and I will be in Siesta Key over Labor Day weekend.staying at the Sunset Royale Condo's on the north end of the Public Beach. Excited as this is our first trip to SK (and Florida for that matter)!

Question 1: should we expect crazy busy crowds over the holiday weekend, or will it not be too bad since school has started?

Question 2: if it's too busy at the public beach we might want to walk down to Crescent Beach. Where does that "start" on the north end? Is it an easy walk along the beach?

Thank you so much for your insight!!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
1. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

I walked from one end to the other every day last year! It's what I'm most looking forward to. I'll be there Labor day weekend as well. Enjoy!

Kris

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
2. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

Labor Day weekend is not the busiest holiday for us, since the schools are back.

Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

The Public beach will be busy......especially if the weather is nice. Many locals go to the Beach on the weekends....and for sure on a long weekend.

There are various beach access points along the key...but parking will be at a premium....if you wish to get away from the throng of folks at the Main beach.

Siesta Key is a wonderful destination ...and a fabulous beach. For those not staying gulfront or living off the Key....the public beach is a most popular spot.

Not certain as to your school in session comment.....local children or any children for that matter attend school on the w/e...and there are many districts ( Canada) that do not return to school until after the Sept long weekend.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
4. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

Thank you for all the comments!!

Kris- I am SO looking forward to strolling the beach too! Maybe we'll cross paths :)

Siestales51- thank you for all of your comments. They have been most helpful.

Wanderlust- thank you for your insight! Regarding my "school back in session" comment...I just meant I thought most out-of-towners wouldn't be taking a vacation this close to the start of school. Although, that wouldn't stop me! My husband and I are looking for a nice relaxing vacation (obvi picked the wrong weekend!) but we will prepare ourselves for the crowds.

All will be great no matter what! Just excited to see the beautiful SK!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 316
5. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

Hi A,

Here is a handy map of condos that I used, to find our condo, when we stayed at SK:

www.buysarasota.com/siesta-key-condo-map.html

We fell in love with Siesta Key; and look forward to a week there next year. We found some nice shells on the beach, and also, walked out onto the sandbars close to shore, and found lots of sand dollars there. We bleached them, and they were perfect and beautiful!

Walking along the beach to enjoy the gorgeous sunset was our favorite activity of the day; hope your vacation is wonderful, too!

cc,

Cupcake

6. Re: Labor Day weekend & where does Crescent Beach start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 21, 2014