We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Tennessee
reviews: 38
Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

Hi everyone! I know that this company is in Sarasota/Siesta Key, but we will be staying on AMI. I am looking for a boat or kayak tour that will get us close to the manatees!! If you have been on this tour, what did you think about it? What did you see? Can an inexperienced kayaker manage the tour? If you have used a different tour group that you liked, what tour company did you use & what did you see? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Any help/ideas are appreciated!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
1. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

You might check out

www.kayakfl.com great company

You don't have to be experienced to take a guided kayak tour..they give you a tutorial before you go out.

~SRQgirl

Bristol, Tennessee
reviews: 38
2. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

Thanks! I just checked that one out & it looks great!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
3. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

I checked it out too! Thanks. I'd like to do 2 or 3 while I'm there.

Kris

Boston...
reviews: 162
4. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

They are everywhere. Can't promise manatee. But plenty of dinosaurs along the way

Kansas City, Kansas
reviews: 10
5. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

We used adventure about three weeks ago and they were great! There was me and my boyfriend, the guide who was awesome, and two other people. We both did the two person tandem. We were in the little sarasota bay off of bird key, it was great! The guide, whose name has slipped my mind, dove in and got sea urchins, hermit crabs, conch shells, and sea cucumbers for us to hold. We didn't see a manatee, it just wasn't our lucky day, but they're absolutely there. We did see a dolphin. Only about two yards in front of us. It was great!!! We went through the mangroves too. Which was neat as well.

6. Re: Has anyone used Adventure Kayak Outfitters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014