We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Family Vacation

Starting to look ahead for a family vacation in February 2014. Would like to stay 7-10 days in a condo on the gulf side with a beach at the condo resort. There will be 4 adults and 2 children, so in need of a 3 bedroom condo. Any recommendations and suggestions greatly appreciated. Would like something clean, reasonable, on the beach with a pool.

31. Re: Family Vacation

SRQgirl ~ Could you please provide me more information about Fisherman's Cove and the difference in Turtle Beach versus Siesta Key Beach. Tried to do a forum search and didn't find specifics on the beach differences. Found a very nice condo through Fisherman's Cove on VRBO, many reviews report the beach is more secluded which may be nice with little kids. Thanks for your help!!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
32. Re: Family Vacation

The sand quality is not the same...it was renouriashed a few years ago and is also more narrow.

Great area for fishing however.

~SRQgirl

33. Re: Family Vacation

What about for kids playing in the sand and being at the beach? Would also visit Crescent beach as we would have a vehicle. Just thought after reading reviews may be beneficial as many say it is less congested. How are the accommodations at Fisherman's Cove?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
34. Re: Family Vacation

I will let others with children voice answer this.

All the unts at Fisherman's Cove are different...again, look at lots of photos.

You would be very close to the water since the beach is narrow comapred to the others. There was erosion after a storm last year.

Start another forum thread with the words "thoughts on Turtle Beach for kids" or something similar to get opinions.

There are many people that read this forum who visit year after year who will have thoughts.

The sand has broken shells, so when I walk on Turtle Beach I wear my Tevas, Crocs or other water shoes.

Yes, there will be fewer people.

You could drive to Siesta Key Public Beach and park at the big public lot. You would have to get there early.

Most of Crescent Beach is condos etc...not alot of public parking.

~SRQgirl

Boston...
reviews: 5
35. Re: Family Vacation

Perhaps I could spell it out more clearly for you, cruise2snorkel.

Turtle Beach is a crappy beach, narrow with gray sand full of broken shells. Why would you travel all that way to Siesta Key, which has the one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and then stay on the only part of the beach that is not nice? Crescent Beach and Siesta Key public beach have gorgeous white quartz sand.

And why would you load all the kids and gear into the car every day and drive a few miles up the road, when you could have a place right on the best part of the beach? You wouldn't have to worry about parking or bathrooms or traffic.

There are less people on Turtle Beach and with good reason. Siesta Beach is huge and you will have plenty of room there.

SRQ girl has tried to be tactful but the choice is glaringly obvious.

36. Re: Family Vacation

Great, thanks for the suggestions on Turtle Beach. I will start another forum. Just want to look at all options.

37. Re: Family Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 19, 2014