We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach front location

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Best beach front location

Hi-- We are going to be staying in Siesta Key for 2 nights in June. We want a place as close to the beach as possible so our 3 Colorado kids can enjoy the beach all day. :) What part of the beach is best? Also, I am having a hard time finding a place that will accomodate our 2 night stay. I would like to spend under $600 total. Thank you for any insight! :)

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
1. Re: Best beach front location

The top end is the Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort..they sometimes have deals.

The other option is the Sandbox on the Beach which is in walking distance to Siesta Village...also Siesta Sands on the Beach. both on Beach Rd.

Many beachfront places will rent for a 3 day minimum. Nightly rentals generally are a short walk to the beach.

Such as:

Tropical Shores www.tropicalshores.com

Capri Inn

Sea Crest Apartments

www.siestakeychamber.com

~SRQgirl

Denver, Colorado
2. Re: Best beach front location

Thanks for the info! Do you have any input on Siesta Sands On the Beach? They will rent 2 nights and look to be right on the beach, but the very northern most part.

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Best beach front location

Also, do you happen to know the current condition of that beach? It seems from searching that there is very little beach due to storms this past year. Obviously that would be a deal breaker.

Thank you!

Boston...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Best beach front location

I have only been to Siesta Key once in my life, but I remember quite clearly that the beach up by the Sandbox was much narrower than the public beach and also than Crescent Beach where we were staying. We rode bikes all the way up to the Sandbox and back to Crescent Towers (our condos).

If you are specifically asking what is the best part of the beach, I would say Crescent Beach if you want a quieter atmosphere, or the public beach if you want more activity. Both are gorgeous wide beaches,

I do understand the problem of the 2 night stay, but if you keep searching you should be able to find something out of all the condos and hotels there

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 10
5. Re: Best beach front location

We have vacationed for years in Siesta Key and love Siesta Sands on the Beach. It is on the quiet uncrowded north end of the beach and it is within walking distance to the village. If you are looking for beachfront, this is it. You are two steps off the sand! It's not an upscale place, but it's one of our favorites

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
6. Re: Best beach front location

The beach at the north end is more narrow than Crescent Beach and the street in front of Sandbox on the Beach and Siesta Sands on the Beach is in need of repair from storm damage. The beach is fine.

There aren't many beachfront places on Siesta Key that will rent for 2 nights.

If you want Crescent Beach check out the others I mentioned that are a short walk to the beach with no roads to cross.

How old are the kids?

~SRQgirl

Denver, Colorado
7. Re: Best beach front location

Thanks for the info! Downunder05---do you think the condo's would accomodate 5 people? Our kids are 16, 13 & 10. The thought of being right on the beach sounds heavenly. :)

Also, SRQgirl, I am sure the beach must vary from north to south. What part has the softest sand?

Thanks for all your input!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
8. Re: Best beach front location

The sand on Siesta Key Public Beach and Crescent Beach is the same.

Turtle Beach, which is south, is not the quartz (sugar like sand.

As I mentioned, the north end is much more narrow, but still good quality.

~SRQgirl

Orlando, Florida
9. Re: Best beach front location

All the condos at Siesta Sands have the same floorplan. It's kind of a shotgun set up. You park on the street side parking lot and walk into the master bedroom and bathroom, continuing on thru the living room and kitchen and then finally, the dining area with the trundle bed, facing the beach and gorgeous view. Big window facing the beach and the 'back" door opens onto a deck. We had friends vacation with us last summer and they had three girls about the same age and it worked out for them (two on the bed with the pull-out trundle and one on the sofa) They found is very difficult to find something that would accommodate their family with a three night rental.

Orlando, Florida
10. Re: Best beach front location

As far as the beach being narrower up on the north end, I agree BUT we have also found it to be far less crowded so it's not an issue. The sand is just as pretty.