We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

Hi there - Getting married on Siesta in Feb 08. Was wondering if there are any suggestions/experience with an on-beach cookout/clambake type event for the evening before the wedding. I know that the Broken Egg indicates they do this. Know I love their breakfasts. SRQGirl - any recos for me?

PS - if your license plate is the same as your Screen Name, we passed you out on 41 yesterday afternoon :-)

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
1. Re: Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

No. Someone mentioned this once before. I have a "Save the Reefs" license with no visible SRQ I.D. Hope the SRQGirl license plate owner isn't getting any heat for an unfavorable comments I made on TA! ;-)

A friend of mine had her wedding on the beach, at the Sarasota Racquet Club about a year ago. She had the ceremony on the beach with champagne and wonderful appetizers. The meal was in the Clubhouse.

Where are you having yours?

There are many good caterers in town. It depends on your food choices and budget.

Send a private message with more details, if you would like.

Congrats.

~SRQgirl

Lakeland, FL
2. Re: Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

SRQGirl, are there any restaurants or bars actually on Crescent beach? We are looking for a place to eat/drink that we can walk to on the beach. I haven't seen anything like that posted yet... Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
3. Re: Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

There aren't any restaurants or bars ON Crescent Beach.

In the Crescent Plaza (Midnight Pass Rd. across from the beach)

you can get something to eat and drink.

Most people bring their own food to the beach.

You can go to Anna's for a great sandwich to go.

There are places on the bay side such as Turtles or Ophelia's which are on the bay, but there isn't any beach. You sit on a deck overlooking the water.

The places you are describing are on Anna Maria Island, Lido Key, Venice Beach etc.

~SRQgirl

Lakeland, FL
4. Re: Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

Thanks!

5. Re: Beach Catering - SRQGirl??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 18, 2009