We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Car in Siesta Key?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UpstateNY
reviews: 4
Need a Car in Siesta Key?

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Siesta Key. We will be flying in and I was wondering if it is necessary to rent a car. Also, any suggestions on the best condo rentals?

Franklin, TN
reviews: 11
1. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

Well it really depends on where you'll be staying. We just returned last week - and we stayed at Crescent Arms (located on Crescent Beach) . It is close to 2 mile walk to the heart of Siesta Key Village area - where the restaurants/shops are.

Which was a great distance for jogging in the morning, but at night when we're hungry & ready to eat it was nice to have our car to get there.

There are some accomodations that are a quick walk - so again it depends on where you stay.

By the way - Crescent Arms was wonderful. The condo had a fantastic view of the beach and you could walk right out from your room. Highly recommend it! We used the VRBO website (vrbo.com) where owners rented the condos out individually.

UpstateNY
2. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

Thanks for the input. We have a 6 year old and I would like the option of walking to dinner and shopping. We will probably rent a car to make it easier to get to and from the airport. Do you have any suggestions on a condo rental closer to the village yet still right on the beach?

I see alot of places that are across the street from the beach. I really want to be right on it. Even though most claim to only be "steps from the beach," it can seem like miles when you are carrying equipment and a ton of beach toys!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
3. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

Which month do you plan to visit? Some places have a minimum stay requirement.

I would start with www.vrbo.com or www.siestat4rent.com.

There are places that are on the water and in walking distance to Siesta Village. I suggest you have a car. There are many places to take a 6 year old in the area that are worth the drive.

~SRQgirl

UpstateNY
4. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

I have been looking on both of those websites. They seem to have the best options. Thanks for the help.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
5. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

If you need an opinion on a place you like, let me know.

~SRQgirl

UpstateNY
6. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

I first heard about Siesta Key on the Travel Channel. On their website they say that Sea Club V is the best condo resort. It looks beautiful. I have been comparing other places to that one to see if it is worth the extra money. I like the idea of Crescent Towers with a first floor lanai right on the beach. I think the units may be a bit small for a family of three. I appreciate any suggestions. I am open to anything right now.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
7. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

Either place would be a nice stay.

Here is the website for Sea Club V:

http://www.seaclubv.com/scv_aboutus.asp

It always get favorable reviews. Crescent Towers is in the same area and would also be a good pick. It depends on your budget and your needs as far as size.

Yo will be in walking distance to some small shops, a local small grocery store, restaurants etc.

Crescent Beach is the best.

~SRQgirl

UpstateNY
8. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

I called Sea Club V to get some prices. They should have the prices in a couple of weeks. They are waiting for the owners to post the weeks and prices. I may just go with that one considering the rental includes beach chairs, cabanas and kayak rentals. We are flying in from Upstate NY and I know renting beach equipment can get costly. Even if the unit is a little more than I am willing to pay, I may be better off.

I see alot of rentals on vrbo but they don't seem to be in the same area and don't include much. Like a washer/dryer, a must with kids!!

9. Re: Need a Car in Siesta Key?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 02, 2009