We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasota Airport

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Sarasota Airport

Flying to Sarasota on 12/21. Flying into Sarasota Airport from Boston is a lot more expensive than flying into Tampa. Can anyone tell me the distance from Tampa to Sarasota. Staying at Hyatt. Thanks

New Hampshire
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sarasota Airport

Hi LadyKey

Sarasota is a small airport about 1hr south of Tampa. Not sure where the Hyatt is ??Sarasota or Tampa??

My suggestion is for the price go via Tampa. Its an easy drive to Sarasota from the airport.

The drawback to Sarasota is that it is small and not many airlines use it so if there are any delays you are stuck.....

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
2. Re: Sarasota Airport

It's about 80 miles from the Tampa airport to the Hyatt in Sarasota, all expressway except for the last 10 miles (exit 210, Fruitville Road). Probably an hour and 40 minutes.

Sarasota is a smaller airport, but increasingly with some good flights from the Northeast. Out of Boston, you might want to check AirTran. They have some one-stop flights (via Atlanta) that start at $69 oneway on some days. They currently have a sale on for flights between now and March 1

Wisconsin
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sarasota Airport

I have flown into SRQ many times. It is small, but it is more convenient. There are little to no lines. And baggage claim is a breeze. I think it is worth the extra money. I have also flown into TPA a few times. It's ok. If you have the xtra$, then SRQ is the way to go. I think the Hyatt is about a 10-15 minute ride from the SRQ airport. Make sure you take a trip down to St. Armands Circle. It'll be all decorated for X-mas.

MelnWisco

Gaithersburg...
reviews: 84
4. Re: Sarasota Airport

I much prefer flying into Sarasota, even if is more expensive. I can now fly non-stop from Baltimore and Washington DC on Air tran and US Air to Sarasota. AirTran has a good sale right now. Sarasota airport is great - no crowds, or lines, and rental cars right out front- can't get any easier.

Illinois
5. Re: Sarasota Airport

My husband and I have flown into both when we have visited Sarasota. The drive from Tampa is not bad at all. But I sure did like being right there at the Sarasota Airport. It is smaller, which I prefer. Easy luggage pickup and car rental places were right by the carousels. Car return and check in were a breeze! We used Tampa the first time because of the price difference, but this time it was just as cheap to fly into Sarasota (Airtran, both times). And we got a good rate from Hertz going through the Airtran link. Have a wonderful time. We were just there a few weeks ago, and it was beautiful!

6. Re: Sarasota Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:50 am, December 18, 2006
7. Re: Sarasota Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 20, 2009