We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Siesta Key

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 14
Nightlife in Siesta Key

I'm going to Siesta Key in July with 3 friends (so 4 women ages 26-32). I've read that there is plenty of nightlife in Siesta Village, but there's aren't too many details of specific places. What are some good places to go in the evening - for Karaoke and/or dancing?

Also, is Siesta Key safe enough to walk somewhere late at night (after 10pm)? Or is it best to drive everywhere?

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
reviews: 84
1. Re: Nightlife in Siesta Key

first off, i would say sarasota is quite safe to walk around, if you are with someone. i would not walk alone anywhere at night i don't think....and there are areas downtown where it would be wise to be alert....that being said, i think its very safe and friendly.

i am not sure of the names of places in siesta village, but its one short strip with several bars and restaurants, easily surveyed from the outside. many of them have outside patios. so just wander into the village and you will find stuff.

maybe someone will answer with specific places....

have fun!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 48
2. Re: Nightlife in Siesta Key

I was checking websites for restaurants and such and found a link to a fun-sounding place called Speakeasy (speakeasysiestakey.com). Also Google Daiquiri Deck and Blase Cafe. I have no personal knowledge YET, but these are some places we plan to go to.

illinois
reviews: 143
3. Re: Nightlife in Siesta Key

Hi Haz,

I am an expert in this area! We go on a girlfriend weekend to SK every October or November. Here is where I suggest to go (BTW I am just a little older than you are) :)

Siesta Village: There are several fun places on the main strip. If you want to dress up a little bit and dance go to the Beach Club. BC gets an older 20-30-40+ crowd. Sometimes they have bands. It is a nice place with big plasma TV's everywhere and if it is hot they will have the AC blasting. There is also the Blase Cafe for dinner and drinks, not much night life. Daquari Deck and Siesta Key Oyster Bar (right next to each other) always have a younger crowd 20-30's, and it can get to be quite a meat market. No dancing or Karaoke, just hanging out. Food is not good at DD, but it is ok at SKOB. Right across from DD there is another bar that is sometimes hopping, sometimes not. They will probably have a band.

Stickney Point Bridge area: On the south end of SK is Captain Curts. This is a great place to go for Karaoke (9 pm - 1 or 2 pm) and it is really fun. Not a meat market, but goofy dudes might ask you to dance. The drinks and service are awesome here. They have some regular singers that are really good, but don't be afraid to sing here!

You can also go into downtown Sarasota. There are a few places in town, but we don't ever do that far so we don't drink and drive.

If you are staying near the village, you can walk or drive. If you are staying further down the key you can take a cab.

Fun places to eat and shop: Salty Dog on St. Armands Key (next to Mote Marine), Pop's Sunset Grill on Casey Key (total dive but fun), Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar, shop at Steinmart and St. Armands, and the Palmetto Outlet Malls out on 75.

Have a ball!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 14
4. Re: Nightlife in Siesta Key

Thanks so much! All of those sound like great suggestions!

5. Re: Nightlife in Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sarasota