We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trick or Treat hours..

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
reviews: 60
Trick or Treat hours..

Hi..We are in Sarasota and want to hand out candy but cannot find the day or the hours! Can you help with that...also, is the Wine Warehouse ever going to open back up..It says it will in the fall...THIS IS the fall! lol.. Thanks for your help!

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
1. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

Halloween will be Sunday. I feel the hours of 6-8 are appropriate, and turn off my porch light after 9. Kids should not be out that late, and the ones who are usually are much to old for Halloween. We get very few trick or treaters these days. Generally just a few neighbor's kids.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
2. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

Trick or Treat hours? There aren't any set hours...

Since Halloween (October 31) falls on a Sunday, the "costumes" could show up early in the afternoon ... Have candy ready in the morning to hand out..

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 79
3. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

I'm with you Kris. We usually don't get too many kids either, and those that come are almost all between 6 and 8 PM, and our porch lights go off at about 9. All of which means that I get to fatten up on Reese's Cups the next two weeks!

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
4. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

Yeah, well I also got the Snickers for DH, but the Reeses are all mine! The past couple of years we have had 2-3 groups. Anyone after 9 is not allowed--the dog goes nuts, and we are in bed. I agree there could be some this year either Saturday night, or Sunday during the day.

5. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

This is crazy. We recently moved here and are fans of Halloween, but there aren't any set times for trick or treaters???? Everywhere else we have lived, the community usually sets a time and day, especially if Halloween falls on a Sunday. Most people would not want to celebrate Halloween on a Sunday. Anyways, I have my costume and my candy ready and my lights will be on!! Bring it on kids!!!!

6. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

This is crazy. We recently moved here and are fans of Halloween, but there aren't any set times for trick or treaters???? Everywhere else we have lived, the community usually sets a time and day, especially if Halloween falls on a Sunday. Most people would not want to celebrate Halloween on a Sunday. Anyways, I have my costume and my candy ready and my lights will be on!! Bring it on kids!!!!

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
7. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

Some areas do it up for the kids and some don't, depends on where you live. If you are in a family area and the other houses have children and some decorations out then you most likely will have kids coming around, usually 6 - 8P and sometimes up to 9. It would be on Sunday night.

8. Re: Trick or Treat hours..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 am, April 29, 2011