We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

My wife and I are planning a trip to Siesta Key at the end of July and are looking for a good hotel(s) recommendation in close walking distance to Siesta Key Public Beach. I have been researching the beaches there and it appears that the Siesta Key Public Beach is the best beach vs. Cresent and Turtle?? We plan to spend a lot of time on the beach so we really are looking for the best beach with quick and easy access from a hotel. I get the idea that there are only so many access points to the beach and depending upon where you stay you might have to make a fairly long walk to get to an access point?? We have never been to the area before and don't quite understand the layout of hotels as they relate to good beach access. Any help from one of you experts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Roger

Sarasota, FL
reviews: 2
1. Re: Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

O.K., here we go.

Turtle Beach is on the far South end of the Key and is the quiet end of the Key. There are a few restaraunts on the South end and they are very good, but that's about it. The beach does not compare to the rest of the Key. Some people love this end of the Key for it's solitude and quiet surroundings.

Crescend Beach (which includes the Public Beach) is a strip of 6-7 mile long beach with wide sugar white sand the entire length. Most spots are also gently shoaling in the water, it stays pretty shallow a good ways out.

The Village area (kinda in the middle of the Key) is where all the action is. There are lots of bars, restaraunts, shopping, etc.. in this area. There are many rentals located on the beach and also walking distance to the Village. This would be my personal ideal location. Find a rental on the beach AND walking distance to the Village = best of both worlds. There are also rentals locted directly behind the Village that are not ON the beach but only a few minute walk. These are good too. Some of these have been extensively updated and are the most modern rentas on the Key.

Siesta has tons public beach access, almost every 100 yards in a lot of cases. If you get a condo on the Gulf side you don't need to worry about public access because your condo will have access and usually will be located right on the beach. Read the post here for condo ideas. Lots of people here swear by the same units year after year-find those posts.

Since I live here I am not a lot of help on specific rentals but lots of people on this board have knowledge about them. Good luck.

Fredericksburg...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

One good place to look is www.siestakeychamber.org. There's a very comprehensive list of places to stay. For beach front, look for places on Midnight Pass Road or Beach Road. Like Realtor1 said, there are many choices. We like Crescent Royale. There are places better, but also not as good. We've just become familiar with it and like several of the properties.

Fredericksburg...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

...oh yeah, and I agree with Realtor1 -- go with Crescent Beach!!! There's no comparison.

Chelsea, Alabama
reviews: 28
4. Re: Siesta Key Hotel Help!!

We were down at Siesta Key for Memorial Weekend. We wound up staying a mile off the beach at the Holiday Inn Express. At first, staying off the beach seemed like a bad idea. It wasn't. The parking at Siesta Key public is great. I think the lot holds like 500 cars. Driving across the causeway we were able to to park at Crescent beach or turn right and go to the Siesta Key beach.

There's not a lot of difference between Siesta beach and Crescent beach. Siesta has the lifguards and public facilities. I walked several times from Siesta down to Crescent.

Turtle beach is a more narrow beach that has a steep incline. It is a good beach for shelling, but not my preference.

Check your rates. I don't regret staying "off the beach". I never would've have thought that I'd like it. But, to get to a lot of the restuarants you went off the beach and up to the street the Holiday Inn was on.

Try checking www.siestakeychamber.com Fairly helpful web site.

Also, go to www.virtualtourist.com I haven't had time to upload my pictures, but I know there are other people that have posted there.

Capt. Curt's restuarant was disappointing for us. We left hungry. Shell's Seafood was great. If you need other tips, just let me know.

Virginia