We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Evening

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
Romantic Evening

I'm planning on leaving our 6 month old with the inlaws and taking my wife away for a romantic evening. I'm looking at staying at the Ritz or Lido Beach Club. The Ritz, obviously, is more expensive. Having never stayed at a Ritz I don't know if the service, etc. is "worth it" or not. One special evening - do I splurge for the Ritz or look elsewhere? Thanks for any and all input!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
1. Re: Romantic Evening

The Ritz is noted for it's service, which is why it is a highly rated hotel. The bar and dining (Vernona) are very nice.

What are you looking for in a "romantic evening"?

The Ritz is not on the beach, but is a downtown location with a beach club off-ste on Lido Key.

There is also the Longboat Key Club and the Lido Beach Resort to consider. There are reviews on TA. Both are on the beach.

It is a matter of what you are looking for...

~SRQgirl

NY, NY
2. Re: Romantic Evening

Thanks for the quick reply! just hoping to have a nice grown-up evening in a hotel with good service. The more I look into it the more I think the Ritz is the way to go for us - they have some nice package options which include either dinner or a spa credit and breakfast. The Lido Beach Club is slightly cheaper but we'll save that for next year's trip. thanks again.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
3. Re: Romantic Evening

It's pricey, but it will be worth it.

Time alone is a good thing....................

~SRQgirl

NY, NY
4. Re: Romantic Evening

thanks - looking forward to it. do you have any insight on spas for a good massage (other than the Ritz?) A friend suggested the Mandala Medi Spa: http://www.srqmedispa.com/

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
5. Re: Romantic Evening

Mandala has a nice reputation, but it is south of the downtown on Stickney Pt. Rd. I would check prices.

~SRQgirl

6. Re: Romantic Evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 19, 2009