We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"In Season" roll call

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
reviews: 9
"In Season" roll call

Ok, may of us have been mentioning our upcoming plans to visit paradise in the coming months, also know as "in season." Who are the lucky ones???

I'll start - I will be there the month of March! (Practice retirement.) Family and friends will rotate in and out. Plans are to rejuvenate, walk, bike, shell, read, cook, dine and wine.

Who else?

29 replies to this topic
Toronto
reviews: 6
11. Re: "In Season" roll call

Zin- Hope you stock up on enough "Beverages" this year. You can never have enough wine. And I'd love three weeks, it's all dependent of whether we can drag daughter one out of school.

Jane- Remember, the lamp will give you more dreams of Sanibel.

Fred- Trying out new D600, Santa was very good to me this year, he seems to be every second year. Will be pulling out the macro lens again.

Lauren- I'd say the whole island, but definately Lighthouse beach, Captiva for sunsets, and Ding Darling. But you have to get up early for Ding Darling to get prime shots of nature with least interruptions. Go with hubbby, I will and I'll have a better camera than him this year. Hee hee

Edited: 9:21 pm, January 12, 2014
Maryland
reviews: 12
12. Re: "In Season" roll call

last wk of Feb for 2 weeks. Staying at usual hangout of West End Paradise.

C'mon 40 days.

Saint Paul...
13. Re: "In Season" roll call

jaydee- Shoot! I miss you again. Still waiting for a "real" crab cake! Keep us posted on your culinary expertise as well as wifey-poo's adventures.

Lauren - Welcome to the Sanibel roll call. Sounds like your family needs some R and R - what a perfect place to find it. Hope Sanibel will be all that you hope it to be!

Hell, Michigan
14. Re: "In Season" roll call

Here now. Have had an incredible four days with my 11 year old. Good shelling this morning at blind pass. Lunch with Winifred and her husband a couple hours ago. Wonderful people, and I want to steal their dog.

Girlie and I have walked, shelled, biked, and lounged. I am so thankful for this time with her.

Back with the family in 3.5 weeks, spending a few days at lovers key resort, then to captiva.

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 84
15. Re: "In Season" roll call

Warm day today in Illinois - practiced walking on some uneven crunchy snow with no issues so should be good for slow strolling on the beach!

Greenville, South...
reviews: 7
16. Re: "In Season" roll call

Arriving Friday for the long weekend. Already checking on the wind directions expected :)

Greenville, South...
reviews: 7
17. Re: "In Season" roll call

Arriving Friday for the long weekend. Already checking on the wind directions expected :)

Massachusetts
reviews: 46
18. Re: "In Season" roll call

Coming in April.. bringing my kids for the first time. I'm looking forward to them to experiencing Sanibel! They have heard so much about it (my husband and I have traveled here the past 4 years for anniversary getaways) I can't wait to search for shells with them. I hope they love it as much as I do!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 22
19. Re: "In Season" roll call

Oh so lovely to read everyone's plans :) it is so exciting to count down the days :) Lucky sunnyvaca and Winnifred for being there already. Leave some shells for us please?

MGreene - take it easy now - no last minute set backs allowed :) crunchy uneven snow can be deceiving....well at least up here it is - loads of ice beneath that crunch :(

Oh tuliplvr - your kids will love it as much as you. And electichic.....do we assume some sailing is in the works?

Oh and did I mentions.....24 more sleeps for me !!!!

(just had to sneak it in ;)

Maryland
reviews: 12
20. Re: "In Season" roll call

Zin....We're there until March 8!

I can hook a sista up!!!!

Reply to: "In Season" roll call
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island