We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about Sanibel

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Illinois
A few questions about Sanibel

We are planning on coming down to Sanibel Island the week of April 13th, and have never been, so I'd like to know a few things:

1) What it will be like the week of April 13th - the 20th? Will it be really crowded?

2) We are looking for a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo with reliable broadband internet access, a heated outdoor pool, and outdoor grills. Prefer that it be located in a complex located on the gulf. We'd prefer a gulf front room, but will also consider non gulf views too. Can anyone recommend some places where we could stay?

3) We plan on having fish for lunch and dinner the entire week. Can anyone recommend specific entrees/fish sandwiches at specific places?

Shelbyville, KY
reviews: 14
11. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

We have enjoyed staying at Sand Pointe the last several years, which is a 45 unit condo complex on West Gulf Drive. The first floor units are over the parking garage, so you do have a flight of steps to climb or you can take the elevator. I think you can see the ocean from all the rooms, and it is a short walk from the pool to the ocean. We have always been able to find something there for under $1,200 as long as we wait until after Easterm. We used to stay at West Wind Inn, and liked it there, but it was more expensive than a condo and we love to spread out in the 2BR units. We have rented through VRBO, and also through Royal Shell.

Shelbyville, KY
reviews: 14
12. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

Forgot to say that my favorite fish dinner last year was the stuffed grouper at Jacaranda. We eat early, and this is an item on their "early bird" menu so you get a great price and still have plenty to eat with salad, bread, and entree.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
reviews: 16
13. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

As stated before....condo prices will be all over the place that week. Some units will have already dropped their rates, while others will still be in the high season rate. Take a look at VRBO, VIP Vacation Rentals, Sanibel Accomdations, Remax and there are more agencies to go through. The Sanibel Chamber could help you with more agencies. You may be able to "snag" a deal for the week that you want. The island will not be crowded, but, it won't be empty either. The weather should be superb...not super hot, beautiful beach weather, warm water, perfect skies. As for fish and fish sandwiches...honestly...I have never had a bad one anyplace. Lazy Flamingo and Sanibel Grill seem to jump to mind at the thought. Both are island faves. Good luck and have fun...we will be there right behind you! Don't forget Key Lime pie and ice cream from Pinocchios!

Frankenmuth...
reviews: 3
14. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

We have had good luck with renting through VRBO at Sanibel Arms West. As for fish...I love the fish tacos at Doc Fords!!

Massachusetts
reviews: 2
15. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

My favorite place for fish is Island Cow, which is also a good place for kids ( I'm not sure if you said you're bringing kids) Besides all the fish dishes on the menu, they have a thing where you can choose 1 of about 9 different kids of fish, have it cooked any of several different ways ( I love the bronzed fish) and choose 2 or 3 from a list of side dishes.

Enjoy the island- you'll all love it.

16. Re: A few questions about Sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island