We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouper fishing in October

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Grouper fishing in October

My wife and I are planning a trip to the gulf coast in October and would like to go out grouper fishing one day and maybe red fishing another day. Can anyone recommend any reputable charter captains for either?

home
reviews: 121
1. Re: Grouper fishing in October

Phil Pica grew up on Sanibel and is a fabulous fisherman/charter captain. My kids and I used to go grouper fishing with him several times a year when gag grouper came close in to spawn in the fall; its 1 of his specialties. We always caught lots of fish. He fishes out of Ft Myers Beach now, mobile 239- 591-2264. Grouper regulations are constantly changing; not sure if they are in season in October.

Naples, Florida
reviews: 1
2. Re: Grouper fishing in October

Unless they change it, you will have open season. I fish out of Naples so no help on guides.

home
reviews: 121
3. Re: Grouper fishing in October

you are in luck; gag grouper are open through October.

4. Re: Grouper fishing in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 19, 2013