We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Festival of States?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 215
Sunshine Festival of States?

Does this still exist? With a parade? All I can find online is a jazz festival...?

3 replies to this topic
SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
1. Re: Sunshine Festival of States?

I *think* that it was discontinued as of this past spring. IIRC, it conflicted with the Honda Grand Prix, which made downtown a total zoo. I seem to recall that they had a marching band show/competition at the Trop instead of a parade?

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you. It has been years since we attended the parade. I'll ask around to see what I can find out.

Washington DC...
reviews: 215
2. Re: Sunshine Festival of States?

Thanks! It used to be quite the thing.

reviews: 10
3. Re: Sunshine Festival of States?

The Festival of States still exists, but has changed over the last several years. Rather than being a concentration of numerous events over a two-week period as it had been over the years, in 2014 the Festival consists of 8 stand-alone events and programs spaced throughout February and March including the All-County MusicFest (local school band and chorus performances) and Scholastic Art Awards in February, and the Festival 5K Run and the Festival of States Illuminated Night Parade in late March. Still celebrating arts and education and all that's good about St. Petersburg.

Reply to: Sunshine Festival of States?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted