We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sister vacation restaurant/bar/activity recommendations

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 18
Sister vacation restaurant/bar/activity recommendations

Hello! I and my 30-something sisters are doing a sister vacation in St. Petersburg this January 2014, staying at the Vinoy since it seemed like a walkable location (we don't plan on renting a car) that would still provide us with a pool should the weather be agreeable.

We're psyched for the Dali museum and looks like Birchwood will be a great place for rooftop cocktails. Any other can't-miss restaurants or bars? Any other walkable places we should visit? We're from Boston, NY and DC so we're all fairly urban and would prefer good food to fancy food (i.e. I'd rather pay $5 for an amazing taco than $25 for an average overpriced dinner at a pretentious restaurant). Thanks so much!

1 reply
St. Petersburg...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Sister vacation restaurant/bar/activity recommendations

My favorite casual spot is Burrito Boarder. They have $1 tacos on Tuesdays and their salads and burritos are good too. They also have happy hour with beer and food specials. Lots of people like Taco Bus, though I did not enjoy it, it's a matter of preference and the masses generally give it a thumbs up. For dinner I'd recommend Gratzzi. Great Italian food, can be pricey depending on what you get. Ceviche is very good too, and has tapas specials on Tuesday. I enjoyed it. Most places in DTSP are laid back, so you should be satisfied at most places. There are lots of bars, none that are must go's but I would suggest MacDinton's, 260 First and Push Ultra Lounge. I'd also recommend hitting the beach. St Pete Beach would be the closest and you can take the trolley there.

Reply to: Sister vacation restaurant/bar/activity recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted