We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longboat, Clearwater or St. Pete for family of 4 on budget?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
reviews: 2
Longboat, Clearwater or St. Pete for family of 4 on budget?

We are flying to Tampa Jan 4-8, to visit my stepkids who are moving to Clearwater with their mom. We will stay 2 nights with the entire clan of 6 on Longboat Key with my aunt, then she leaves town so we have to move for 2 more nights. Steps return to their mom and hubby and our 2 kids and I want to have a little family vacation Sunday-Monday. Fly out Tuesday. We do want to see Winter the dolphin in Clearwater. I'd love to see the Dali museum too. Should we stay in Clearwater? In St. Pete? Somewhere else? We are on a budget since visiting the steps is really expensive to begin with, but we also haven't had any vacations in the past year so really need to enjoy our time. I'd love any suggestions for hotels and other places to stay.

Another request--where can a group of 12 people go for a nice meal in Longboat Key area? Sarasota optional too. Ranging from 2 - 72 years old....

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 23
1. Re: Longboat, Clearwater or St. Pete for family of 4 on budget?

Check out the Travelodge on Clearwater Beach. One of the more affordable hotels. It is older, but is kept up nice. All rooms have balconies, and is a short 30 second walk to the beach. Just a 5 minute drive to see Winter. There is also a comparable Magnuson Hotel next to the Travelodge. Easy walk to the beach, restaurants, Pier 60 for the nightly sunset celebration, marina, bars, shops, activities, etc etc.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Longboat, Clearwater or St. Pete for family of 4 on budget?

Great place to eat on Longboat Key is Dry Dock. Great views, moderate prices (for Longboat Key) excellent food.

www.drydockwaterfrontgrill.com/

3. Re: Longboat, Clearwater or St. Pete for family of 4 on budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 04, 2014