We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 82
Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Has anyone been here? I'm looking for an orange grove. Does anyone know if they have oranges as well as wine? If not does anyone know of any good Orange Groves with great Orange juice in the area?

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
1. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Florida Orange Grove Winery does not sell oranges (although they used to). They sell fruit-based wines, specialty foods and gift items.

The Orange Blossom Grove store in nearby Seminole just re-opened for the season, with fresh citrus, excellent fresh-squeezed juice, orange soft-serve ice cream, and other items. Their oranges come from the Indian River area of Florida, I believe. There are no commercial groves left in Pinellas County. :(

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
2. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Thanks so much for your help. It's too bad there aren't any left in Pinellas County.

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
3. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Just had another thjought with regard to fresh juice. You might want to check out the Saturday Morning Market, held downtown. They sell OJ squeezed right in front of you on an old-fashioned juicer. Doesn't get any fresher!

There are also farm stands selling all varieties of citrus. Also, prepared foods, arts and crafts items, home goods, more. It's a fun morning, even if you don't go for the juice!

www.saturdaymorningmarket.com

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
4. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Yum!!! I love the fresh juice and I'm looking for fruit to take home with me for gifts (although we won't be returning for some time). The market sounds perfect.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
5. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Thanks so much Maya for all of your help. I love your posts - you are always so tackful and helpful. Thank you so much for taking time to provide answers - you truely help people plan their vacations,

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
6. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Aw...you are very welcome. Thanks for the kind words :-)

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
7. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

So, while driving past Florida Orange Groves Winery yesterday, I noticed a new sign advertising fresh-squeezed juice!

They used to carry OJ from a Sarasota-area grove during citrus season, then last year, they didn't, but they obviously must have it back again!

Keeping up with the local juice scene is a full-time job! LOL :-)))

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
8. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Lol - it seems to be. At least I have options this year. Last year we couldn't find any fresh squeezed juice - so at least this year I can get my "fix". The store bought just isn't the same after having fresh. Thanks so much Maya.

9. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:26 pm, January 22, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
10. Re: Florida Orange Groves and Winery

Thank you for the link to the artcle. How unfortunate for the orange industry to be hurt so terribly. I feel bad for everyone affected.