We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickie Vacation to St. Pete beach- need suggestions

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 3
Quickie Vacation to St. Pete beach- need suggestions

My husband and I are going to Sirata Resort for a quick vacation, and need some suggestions for activities and such. We are only going to be there for 3 nights over Valentines weekend, but want to do at least a couple cool things. I do want to see the Dali museum and DeSoto Pk, and would like to go on a nature/wildlife cruise. Any helpful hints on who's best for boat tours to see local animal/eco attractions? It would be cool if they did something romantic like an afternoon to evening sail where you could bring wine/alcohol. Any suggestions for sushi in the area, or any other not-to-be-missed dining? Any other suggestions for things to do and see would be helpful. Thanks to any and all who can respond!

Bethesda, Maryland
reviews: 7
1. Re: Quickie Vacation to St. Pete beach- need suggestions

You have mentioned two activities that are wonderful:

I've visited the museum twice - there are lectures during the day by docents. The museum even provides some portable chairs for those who want to spend a while in front of a painting.

Very good giftshop.

The Fort DeSoto beach is so beautiful, I almost worry that it will get crowded. It will be a better visit if you spend some time reviewing the web page maintained by the state park.

The little area of Pass-a-Grille is worth seeing - it's one block wide and has portions that are still old Florida.

Midwest
reviews: 11
2. Re: Quickie Vacation to St. Pete beach- need suggestions

Stop by the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary in Indian Shores, just North of where you'll be staying. Their website is www.seabirdsanctuary.org. It's an organization that rescues, rehabilitates and releases injured area birds. Their beachfront facility is very educational and impressive. Admission is free, but you can leave a donation if you like.

Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 3
3. Re: Quickie Vacation to St. Pete beach- need suggestions

Thanks for the replies! I just wish we had more time there to see everything and relax. The bird re-hab center is on te top of my shortlist for sure, bit of a novice birder.