We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds Stay

Which Saint Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Graysville...
reviews: 27
Tradewinds Stay

We checked in on Thursday, June 26th after staying in Orlando the first half of the week. It took me an hour to check in and I was the first person in line. They sent me to three different desks, one to check in, one to get my keys, and another to get my jet lav certificate that I purchased with our room. They asked me if I would like to upgrade to a gulf front room for an extra $45 a night and I agreed. The lady had just asked me if I had a balcony and definitely wanted it with the original tropical view room that I booked so I assumed there would be one on the gulf front room. Wrong! We had already paid the bell staff twice. Once to unload our car, once to take us to our first room, then I had to pay them to take us back to the original tropical view room because I wasn't going to pay extra and not have a balcony. I am so glad I switched back. I really liked our tropical view 1 bedroom suite with living room, kitchenette, and balcony. We were facing the third pool back from the ocean. I couldn't see much of the gulf or the pools, but that was fine. We were directly in front of one of the bars so I could hear the music at night, but it wasn't bad. It wasn't too loud and I was still able to fall asleep. My hubby and kids slept in the two double beds and I slept in the roll out couch in the living room. It wasn't too bad. I didn't feel the bar or the springs. I did slant just a little, but I liked to be propped up anyways. The air conditioning worked great! Just don't leave you balcony door open or it will shut off. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dim, but it was a spacious bathroom. There was a big lack of communication at the Tradewinds, the Grande this time with just about everything so that put a little damper on this stay. When told what to do for the jet lav, the info was incorrect. Then we had to go across the street to the bay, which wasn't a big deal, but then we had to get on a jet ski to take us to a boat. I can't ride a boat so I did not get to see my hubby on the jet lav and I was going to record and take pictures. I bought tickets online for the boys to do the bouncy stuff on the water and they said that there wasn't a code on my confirmation so I couldn't get them. I was also told at check in that we couldn't get our jet lav certificate because it couldn't be found and after three desks and being told sorry it is not in our system I showed them my confirmation that I printed out and then they were all of a sudden able to find it. Our October stay went smoothly, but this one was just one thing after another. Not sure if we will go back or not. I guess if we do I will have to make sure I have proof of everything and to ask plenty of questions. A lot of wasted time out of our vacation!

11 replies to this topic
Graysville...
reviews: 27
11. Re: Tradewinds Stay

I have never had an issue before either so wonder why I print everything, but this time it definitely proved why.

I will have to check out those other resorts, Thanks!

Reply to: Tradewinds Stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted