We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

Which Saint Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

So... We arrived yesterday and thank goodness I booked a nice condo because we have been inside for 24 hours now. I have two very young children (2 years and 1 year) so hitting the bars is out of question, although Pre-children that would have been my plan for such nasty weather :)

At this point I am tempted to head to a mall?!?! Such young kids don't see the point in driving around sightseeing, it just makes them cranky. We have been to SPB yearly for as long as I remember and it has never been anything but phenomenal, but right now we are stir crazy.

Suggestions? We will be utilizing the trolley soon as my 2 year old is excited over it.

Also... 2 years ago we tried a very small restaurant featuring all you can eat crab. I want to say it was near Treasure Island? Anyone know the name and if it is still open, or if you could suggest another all you can eat place?

Thanks in advance!

Pompano Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 35
1. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

If you don't mind the drive head over to the aquarium in Tampa. The kids will love it and maybe it'll help to wear them out a little : )

2. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

Awesome!! I was just about to ask which aquarium is recommended, I noticed there were a few. Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
3. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

Another indoor activity near you is the Great Explorations museum where you are allowed to play with the exhibits. Lots of amusement for kids with an enquiring mind.

4. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

Thank you. We have several places like that near our home and those are usually a big hit, especially if they have a dinosaur dig area. Sadly that might be the only sand we see for a few days

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
5. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

It sure is awful out there right now. My lights keep flickering :(

Ricky T's in TI has all-you-can-eat crab legs on Mondays and Tuesdays for $23.95. R Bar and Grill in TI has them on Tuesdays and Thursdays for $26.95. OysterShuckers on SPB has them daily for $24.95. Can't help you with sizes, sides, etc., as crab legs are not something I ever order. (Just prefer to stick with the local fresh fish.)

6. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

Thank you so much!! We may try all three, we are serious crab lovers. One of those sounds very familiar, I'll check them out

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 45
7. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

What the heck, the kids would get wet anyway, right? Unless it's extreme, just throw your bathing suits on and go play on the beach. What kid doesn't like playing in the rain and puddles? Especially when it's a warm rain. :)

I understand your pain though. My last 2 trips to SPB haven't been the best weather wise either (and yes, I drowned my sorrows most days).

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
8. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

It has been extreme. The Gulf is very rough, wind gusts are strong, and we have been under a tornado watch for most of the day. A tornado hit Pass-a-Grille last evening. Today, it is possible, I guess, to play on the beach as long as you keep an eye to the skies, but, really, most little kids would find the wind-whipped sand unpleasant. I know I do.

Here's hoping for a quick return to normal!!!

9. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

25 mph winds with gusts around 35 mph.... I'd like to meet the person who can enjoy the beach with that wind haha. We attempted it but it was unbearable. At least the rain let up, we enjoyed being outside today just no beach. Hopefully tomorrow!!

The worst part is we convinced my parents to join us this year and I so badly want them to enjoy themselves, they are very laid back so lucky they are making the best of things.

Edited: 4:39 pm, June 25, 2012
SPB, FL
Destination Expert
10. Re: Indefinite Tropical Storm and ? about crab legs

GM2, I am glad you are making the best of it! (Boy, has that wind picked back up big-time in the past hour!?!)

Sorry to hear that this is your parents' first visit. :( Good that they are laid back types, cuz SPB is not putting its best foot forward so far this week, thanks to Debby.

Try to be patient - this WILL pass! :-)