We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

Which Saint Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joppa
reviews: 64
Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

Greetings!

Wondering if anyone knows where you can rent a beach umbrella and chairs for the week? We're staying at the Grand Plaza Beachfront and I know they have cabanas, but we found them terribly hot.

If necessary, we'll buy inexpensive umbrellas and chairs and leave them behind, but we'd prefer a commercial quality/grade umbrella - we're less picky about the chairs . :)

Any help you can provide would be hugely appreciated.

THANKS!

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
1. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

I vaguely recollect another poster talking about having used this type of service, but I don't remember the details. I hope that s/he will check in. It's not something I ever see advertised locally.

Alternately, if you don't mind a short walk down the beach, there is a new beach chair and umbrella rental business at the public access park. He rents traditional, movable lounge chairs and sturdy umbrellas rather than the fixed cabanas (which, I agree, are not that comfy). Maybe he would even allow you to rent weekly.

Joppa
2. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

Hi Maya!

Thanks so much for the response - and I'll look around a bit more than I have on the forum to see if I can find any other information. Can you tell me about what hundred block the public access park is? We'd gladly take a walk to get an umbrella - and I think we'll buy inexpensive beach chairs.

I really appreciate all the great help and information you provide to all us folks who visit SPB - it has been very helpful to me. We're visiting for our second time in less than 2 weeks and can't wait!

Portadown, United...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

Just a block south of Grand Plazza there is a wave runner rental.

Rick also rents umbrellas and chairs or loungers. I think the rate is $5 per item for the day.

He is only a few yards from your accomadation on the other side of Crabby Bills

Joppa
4. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

Thanks very much - this sounds perfect and we'll look for Rick. I don't know how we failed to notice him last year! Thanks for sharing your information.

We'd thought a cabana would be ideal until we experienced it and found it stifling, though it was effective in keeping the direct sun off of us. So glad to learn there is an umbrella and chair rental within a close proximity. Since we're flying, we can't bring our own, as we do here at home.

THANK YOU!!

SPB, FL
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach, St. Petersburg
5. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

The public access park is at 4700 Gulf Blvd, but it sounds like Rick might be closer for you.

And welcome back! :-)

6. Re: Beach Umbrella & Chair Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, June 19, 2013